IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

It's an excellent example.

The Isle of Man now have more children and teachers (and their families at home)  at risk than any other demographic.

Is that what you suggest we live with?

Well that is reality. So I would much rather that we did deal with reality to be fair. I’ve also no doubt that the current complete covid meltdown will now get even more meltdowny now that the headless teachers are involved. Maybe even the prospect of a strike. We can’t have the most risk averse people known to man placed in any position of risk after all. 

5 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I suspect if you mentioned that to the IOM Gov dept they would tell you that it was your fault you didn't know about it

No, they would send you a letter then ask you to phone for a callback with a password. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, pongo said:

But in general the IOM seems to be infested with YouTube and Twitter bigmouths. Mostly men without proper jobs and invariably on the verge of standing for the council. 

Don’t forget the forums either. You know full of people like ... you. 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, they would send you a letter then ask you to phone for a callback with a password. 

an incredibly logical and efficient service

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To be fair it has even been mentioned on this thread previously and was all over social media and the local news when they launched it in conjunction with decommissioning the warning alarm siren things

37 minutes ago, snowman said:

What are the percentages of the age ranges or groups vaccinated

So, of 100% of over 60's are vaccinated it's no issue. 

If it's only 10% then it's a problem.

Are these figures available to us plebs?

Sort of.  You can play about to work out how many vaccines have been given to particular age groups from the vaccine dashboard, but it's limited because the various priority groups aren't just based on age but some cohorts include non-age groups, such has health workers or the clinically vulnerable.  Which is why almost half of the 80+ group jabs are for the under 80s.  There's also an age analysis (which is why we know that) but it doesn't use the same age bands as the cohorts.

But the biggest problem is that we don't know how many people there are in each age cohort anyway, so knowing what percentage of those have been vaccinated isn't possible.  At best we can make estimates from the 2016 Census (which was itself flawed). 

For what it's worth they are claiming that 100% of those in care homes and their carers have had at least one jab - though that is mostly carers (only 20% went to the over 80s).  But they seem to have got to 100% by simply removing from their lists anyone who hadn't been vaccinated[1].  So they're basically claiming that 100% of those who have vaccinated have been vaccinated.

By playing about I reckon that most of the over-80s (maybe 90%) probably have been vaccinated at least once, but it's not really possible to be sure and they won't know themselves because they admit their lists are incomplete.

[1]  I saw a press release proudly pointing this out, but can't find it now.  Presumably people were laughing at them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest 7 day rates per 100k in UK below. Don’t think Pongo & others need to worry about IOM borders opening as UK will be closing borders to us as we will have 2/3 times their rates shortly!!

AreaSorted column (descending) - Apply ascending sort. CasesUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort. Rate per 100,000 populationUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort.
Wales 1,723 54.6
Scotland 4,374 80.1
Northern Ireland 1,602 84.6
England 48,656 86.4

This is having quite an impact on our young people. Lots of school kids feeling guilty/scared and worried about testing positive for COVID.

My daughter is in for a test today having been asked to SI at the start of the week (year 7)

Her and her tutor group have been calling each other in tears in case they are spreading the virus.

Its easy to say they are fit and healthy and there isn’t a lot to worry about but they are worrying about some of the psychological factors rather than the physical effects.

I don’t imagine the Gov had all the facts/data at the start of the week but kids going to school wasn’t the best advice given how quickly this has spread through the east and west.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Its easy to say they are fit and healthy and there isn’t a lot to worry about but they are worrying about some of the psychological factors rather than the physical effects.

Indeedy. Most of that is fueled by adults karening away on platforms like this.

There's a bit of a bug doing the rounds. Stay indoors for a few days and it'll all be grand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

This is having quite an impact on our young people. Lots of school kids feeling guilty/scared and worried about testing positive for COVID.

My daughter is in for a test today having been asked to SI at the start of the week (year 7)

Her and her tutor group have been calling each other in tears in case they are spreading the virus.

I don’t imagine the Gov had all the facts/data at the start of the week but kids going to school wasn’t the best advice given how quickly this has spread through the east and west.

I hope this doesn’t come across in a horrible way, but it’s nice to hear that kids still have kindness/compassion towards others, I certainly wish I behaved more like that at that age. As for psychological factors, to be honest there isn’t much they could do, they didn’t knowingly spread the virus, they weren’t in control and they didn’t make the decisions that lead this to happen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Indeedy. Most of that is fueled by adults karening away on platforms like this.

There's a bit of a bug doing the rounds. Stay indoors for a few days and it'll all be grand.

I don’t think there is anyone blaming the kids for it, I’ve certainly not witnessed that, the decisions that lead to the outbreak were made by adults, they are the ones responsible, the kids are the innocent party.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm 66 and just got my letter this week but couldnt get through to book . Now have to wait till saturday to try. Lots of 70 plus not even had letters so theres along way to go. I'd say the second dose it will be alot less than 10 % 

Didn’t they say not to ring 111 until next week to book? 

• Confused 1