IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

41 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

For what it's worth they are claiming that 100% of those in care homes and their carers have had at least one jab - though that is mostly carers (only 20% went to the over 80s).  But they seem to have got to 100% by simply removing from their lists anyone who hadn't been vaccinated[1].  So they're basically claiming that 100% of those who have vaccinated have been vaccinated.

[1]  I saw a press release proudly pointing this out, but can't find it now.  Presumably people were laughing at them.

I was going to say "unbelievable" but..... it's very believable

20 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I’m sure we’ll have the % information soon...

990C0280-50CC-4BD7-B66C-62C2E3F99040.jpeg

Could you confirm whether that's a positive story or not from Jersey's perspective please?

Just so the MBE knows whether to go with "Manx solutions to Manx issues" or "we're doing better than Jersey" if he's asked about it.

• Haha 3

Surely if it is now so bad that nurses can't even send their kids to childcare then it is time for a full on lockdown?

Schools closed even for keywords kids but Doris can still bake cupcakes and deliver them all over the island?

The time for track and trace is gone, they are wasting their time now.

Close everything.  No one leaves the house unless they realy, really have to.  Stop wasting time testing people who aren't sick and just get strict on people moving about without valid reason.

No trips out for exercise, nothing.

Two weeks.  Then reintroduce limited movement with masks and distancing and sort the bloody vaccinations out.

It doesn't matter who has it and who doesn't unless they get sick.  Just all stay at home unless you really can't and it will die out (90 plus percent of those with it won't even notice)

The alternative is months of messing around.  Either lockdown fully or just let us crack on.

If it wasn't all over the news no one would even know it existed.

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

This is having quite an impact on our young people. Lots of school kids feeling guilty/scared and worried about testing positive for COVID.

My daughter is in for a test today having been asked to SI at the start of the week (year 7)

Her and her tutor group have been calling each other in tears in case they are spreading the virus.

Its easy to say they are fit and healthy and there isn’t a lot to worry about but they are worrying about some of the psychological factors rather than the physical effects.

I don’t imagine the Gov had all the facts/data at the start of the week but kids going to school wasn’t the best advice given how quickly this has spread through the east and west.

That's up to parents to manage that.

The main problem is the parents are far worse than the kids.  My kids are chilled about it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's up to parents to manage that.

The main problem is the parents are far worse than the kids.  My kids are chilled about it.   

Exactly this.  Children will form opinions based on how they see and hear the influential adults in their lives behaving.

My kids understand exactly what is going on and that there is pretty much zero risk from any of them or us picking it up and that picking it up is pretty much unavoidable.  They certainly wouldn't feel guilty of they happened to have it (test every kid on the island every day for the next two weeks and most of them would return a positive test anyway)

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

My kids understand exactly what is going on and that there is pretty much zero risk from any of them or us picking it up and that picking it up is pretty much unavoidable.  

They don't know exactly what is going on. Clearly.

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

Well that is reality. So I would much rather that we did deal with reality to be fair. I’ve also no doubt that the current complete covid meltdown will now get even more meltdowny now that the headless teachers are involved. Maybe even the prospect of a strike. We can’t have the most risk averse people known to man placed in any position of risk after all. 

Just what is it that you have against teachers? I'm guessing you were constantly in trouble with them when you were a lad, probably talking back and playing the class clown. 

I know quite a few teachers and TAs and they are all dedicated, hard working and truly care about the children they teach. 

While during the first lockdown they weren't properly set up to deliver online teaching*, they were last time and are this time. You obviously don't have a clue how much time and work goes into delivering online lessons.

*this was not the fault of the teachers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

On the bright side, dandara are still building houses

I wonder if there will now be a downturn in people buying houses and moving to the Isle of Man?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I just get the “not available in your country” when I try to download the app from the Google play store, easy to get around but you would think the government would have sorted that out with Everbridge

I use another app called Aptoide to download apps with “not available in your country”. Solves 95% of those issues.

Guess apps are downloaded via them which is effectively a VPN.

Everbridge is available by that app.

ETA: Everbridge is a chunky 133mb download.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Thanks 1