IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well if not down to level2 by September the big test will come with student exodus to university with parents etc. not sure they will be able to check on say 500/1000 parents coming back are isolating and will they get paid if they do?

no doubt the usual crowd will say no need for parents to travel but they will!!

Will it be that many? Those returning to uni will probably go alone (my lad will do exactly that) and those due to start may well choose to defer a year - A socially distanced Freshers’ week will be no fun, and a bunch of 18 year olds moving into accommodation together will be an ideal spreading environment. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well if not down to level2 by September the big test will come with student exodus to university with parents etc. not sure they will be able to check on say 500/1000 parents coming back are isolating and will they get paid if they do?

no doubt the usual crowd will say no need for parents to travel but they will!!

The irony my friend is this.

Those same people here telling ‘us’ that those little Uni snowflakes should be manning up & travelling alone are the same people living in fear & propagating hysteria over the borders reopening.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Will it be that many? Those returning to uni will probably go alone (my lad will do exactly that) and those due to start may well choose to defer a year - A socially distanced Freshers’ week will be no fun, and a bunch of 18 year olds moving into accommodation together will be an ideal spreading environment. 

Well I know a number of students who are starting this year as can’t or don’t want to defer for a year and classes are going ahead.

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well I know a number of students who are starting this year as can’t or don’t want to defer for a year and classes are going ahead.

There are approximately 350 - 500 new Manx students every year.

A further 500+ already in the system across.

Potentially over 1,000 departing from the first week of September onwards (in addition to parents travelling).

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Demanding is a strong word.

Asking for the borders to be reopened with a sensible, practical & pragmatic approach is all that many are asking.

Its really not hard as Jersey are proving.

when jersey is locked down again in a few weeks come back and remind us all what you said..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WTF said:

when jersey is locked down again in a few weeks come back and remind us all what you said..

I’ll be happy too (well not happy obviously).

Likewise, I'm sure you will do the same if the lockdown doesn't materialise and Jersey continues to blossom? 

Edited by Nom de plume