IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Chutney said:

I've just had a look at the schedule for vaccinations  https://covid19.gov.im/vaccination/vaccination-schedule-priority-groups/  which doesnt seem to be a schedule at all but more a timeline of what theyve done. Does anyone know what priority group they are currently vaccinating (1-10) and the projected dates when each will start ? If theres a link I'm just not finding please point me to it/

All the priority groups 1 to 9 will have received first jab by April 19th according to DA at one of the press briefings this week or last. They are going to have to really ramp up throughput to even get close to that

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I wonder if there will now be a downturn in people buying houses and moving to the Isle of Man?

I’m sure many people will be weighing the situation up, there is positives and negatives to both, the job situation in the UK is absolutely dire at the moment, with most vacancies having 50+ applicants and it’s generally work that drives people here. The flip side, the financial support is a lot better in the UK and a lockdown isn’t anywhere near as strict as here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Chief Constable making his pitch and in fairness has a valid point.  

Chief Constable "disappointed" officers not given Covid jab priority - Manx Radio

Guernsey are hoping to do teachers, police in 45-49 categories which will be soon as they will finish over 50s by end March 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/03/04/on-target-for-40000-vaccinations-by-end-of-march/

1 hour ago, Fluffy123 said:

Didn’t they say not to ring 111 until next week to book? 

I was trying  before they made the announcment about not ringing. And they said to ring from Saturday and you will be able to get through which I will do . It was never next week .

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

And so it begins.  How long do normal fit healthy young people on this island have to wait before they get a vaccine and are able to attend events again?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12236348/bahrain-limits-f1-tickets-to-vaccinated-and-covid-19-recovered

A bit longer i guess.  Who really cares about F1 is Bahrain.  Literally no one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I assumed all emergency service workers would be vaccinated as a priority, so how did DOI workers take priority over them? 

Same way lots of non frontline health staff presumably, got given an appointment 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Eventually though everybody will want to be a priority group.

Yes but then we can just have a super high priority group which is the next on the original plan i.e. back to the JVCI recommendation and stop all this nonsense. (apart from the takeaway delivery guys of course, can't have them getting ill:D)

and get back to the plan!

Isle of Man

It rhymes :whistling: