IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Construction closing from the end of today for two weeks

Tradespeople working alone or with one other person outdoors are allowed to continue with masks and social distancing in place. These include window cleaners, outdoor painters, gardeners etc. Emergency work and repairs will also continue.

Edited by snowman

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out we were never "COVID Free" after the New Year lack of testing of arrivals shambles and it was just circulating in people with no symptoms or mild symptoms and people didn't get tested.

Sounds very feasible

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out we were never "COVID Free" after the New Year lack of testing of arrivals shambles and it was just circulating in people with no symptoms or mild symptoms and people didn't get tested.

That was my initial theory also, in that instance  it’s perfectly plausible the steam packet worker blamed for this entire outbreak might have actually contracted it from here first, not that they’d ever use the genomics to find out.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 4

So....would you rather have a vaccine in say, a tent, or even in a big room with a table and a couple of chairs or whatever. Or wait for a lovely super dooper facility all painted and shiny and new?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

So....would you rather have a vaccine in say, a tent, or even in a big room with a table and a couple of chairs or whatever. Or wait for a lovely super dooper facility all painted and shiny and new?

And skirting boards, don't forget the skirting boards

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

A couple with mild symptoms pro.lted the extra testing, now loads of people who didn't know they had it have found out they have.

I think it's not impossible, but unlikely. The lockdown should've really stopped most of it in it's tracks at that point. Remember as well, the people picked up by contact tracing can be testing positive days before they present symptoms. How many have you asked again about symptoms a week later?

It does highlight though, a lack in surveillance testing that we may well should've been undertaking. For example, the ONS will sample the population, to get an idea of any levels within the community.

2 minutes ago, manxst said:

Still waiting for your proof of fake news...

Some people seem to be confusing DOI workers with transport workers (i.e you)

Transport workers make up probably less than 10% of the DOI work force and of that small number only a small amount are frontline. Nothing wrong with my reading ability either.

So your quote had said transport workers then perhaps.....but it didn't

• Thanks 1

Just now, Happier diner said:

Some people seem to be confusing DOI workers with transport workers (i.e you)

Transport workers make up probably less than 10% of the DOI work force and of that small number only a small amount are frontline. Nothing wrong with my reading ability either.

So your quote had said transport workers then perhaps.....but it didn't

DOI workers (road workers) have definitely had vaccinations. You called it fake news. Prove it.