IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Didn't Howard say that it was expected that we would have a massive rise over the next few days, before it petered out? 

All this is divisive, we are dealing with an unprecedented situation and with human beings and their unpredictable behavior. Playing the blame game is just counter productive, I suppose that people sitting at home with nothing to do are going to become rabid though.

• Like 1

Depending on how they want to frame the narrative. 70+ if they want to scare everyone into staying inside. Less than 30 if face saving is more important.

Either way it won't be the actual figure for a 24 hour period. Because the 24hr period start and finish is not defined, they could miss 30 results simply by starting the 24hr period an hour later (I believe this has already been done once or twice).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

It was a serious question.  Whats the justification now for not letting people visit, especially if they are vaccinated.

Peoples mental health is taking a hammering with another lockdown.  What is the harm in letting them see some family members they haven't seen for over a year 

You cannot mix households. 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I wish this Forum system allowed files sizes greater than 1.95MB.

There's a brilliant video of HRH The CM, The MBE and Lady Henrietta doing the rounds on WhatsApp, singing to the tune of 'I Will Survive'. Bloody hilarious it is. (the file size is 2.1MB unfortunately)  

https://www.facebook.com/100009308068672/videos/2952771115043128/

Facebook link

I think the video puts them all in a rather good light

Edited by Barlow

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I'm thinking it was a tongue in cheek, hypothetical observation rather than an expectation that it would happen.

Fair point. People really are behaving down here, numbers are low. Haven't seen a tourist in yonks; sadly come summer they'll be everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

https://www.facebook.com/100009308068672/videos/2952771115043128/

Facebook link

I think the video puts them all in a rather good light

Wouldn't open for me. How about this one:

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=2961581293964982&attachment_id=143947897514420&message_id=mid.%24gAAqFiuEADrZ-NAR9vV4Ar8w-tmVE

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You cannot mix households. 

And that is why there should be some consideration for common sense.

No risk from.someone who has isolated and done three tests moving in with someone else if its better for either sides wellbeing.

My mum isn't able to see anyone.  Its ridiculous.  Even the UK at its worst allowed support bubbles.

Now we aren't even letting some kids under 18 see their own parents.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

iomtoday. Construction work must stop for two weeks from today. Further announcement during 4pm briefing.

Somebody's not going to get their Christmas bonus.