IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Not enough to go around there isn’t and yes a lot of closures are permanent in restaurants chains & others

Other businesses will fill their place. The free market is supposed to be the "big plus" of capitalism isn't it?

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Well if not down to level2 by September the big test will come with student exodus to university with parents etc. not sure they will be able to check on say 500/1000 parents coming back are isolating and will they get paid if they do?

no doubt the usual crowd will say no need for parents to travel but they will!!

Usual crowd here - no, they don't need to travel.

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

Will it be that many? Those returning to uni will probably go alone (my lad will do exactly that) and those due to start may well choose to defer a year - A socially distanced Freshers’ week will be no fun, and a bunch of 18 year olds moving into accommodation together will be an ideal spreading environment. 

Interested to learn did you take him over to start university and did your friends do similar?

seems a lot on here say no one should take kids to university at anytime.

3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Nobody is saying that banker. What we are saying is that its a "nice to do" but not essential. The kids are easily capable of travelling on their own.

Asking the question as to what Wrighty and others did if that’s ok.

we took our children first time as did everyone we know 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Asking the question as to what Wrighty and others did if that’s ok.

we took our children first time as did everyone we know 

99.9999% of parents take their 'child' (even at 18 years old) to University the first time they leave the Island to start what is effectively a new life.

To suggest otherwise only reinforces my belief that the 'keep the boarders (sp) closed' gang will do or say anything to keep the Project Hysteria train rumbling along.

You knew that though.

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

Interested to learn did you take him over to start university and did your friends do similar?

seems a lot on here say no one should take kids to university at anytime.

Yes we did. Either me or his mum went over with a car first time. Same for his older sister. I think most do for the first trip. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Yes we did. Either me or his mum went over with a car first time. Same for his older sister. I think most do for the first trip. 

Yes most do and it’s not mollycoddling as the pitchfork brigade say and most parents will want to do the same in September.

3 hours ago, piebaps said:

Nobody is saying that banker. What we are saying is that its a "nice to do" but not essential. The kids are easily capable of travelling on their own.

I know it’s years, and years, ago, and perhaps my dad was mean, but with no books bought, no tv, pc, laptop or pda, I went on my own when I started my first term, on the boat, and hitched, with a rucksack.

By Easter of year 1 I’d bought a Fiat 500, and acquired an Amstrad tuner, amp, tape and record deck, plus an old B&W 18” TV. Needed transport for that.

Don't think dad ever took me to uni, or brought me back..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I know it’s years, and years, ago, and perhaps my dad was mean, but with no books bought, no tv, pc, laptop or pda, I went on my own when I started my first term, on the boat, and hitched, with a rucksack.

By Easter of year 1 I’d bought a Fiat 500, and acquired an Amstrad tuner, amp, tape and record deck, plus an old B&W 18” TV. Needed transport for that.

Don't think dad ever took me to uni, or brought me back..

Proper Ray Mears stuff, right there.

I bet you wrestle inflatable crocodiles (a wee joke John).

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1