IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Capacity was circa 800 wasn’t it? , how many tests are they leaving on standby?

No idea, but I am know loads of people who were told to isolate who don't even have a test booked yet.  Woukdnt suprise me if there are over 1000 people waiting to have tests booked in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Capacity was circa 800 wasn’t it? , how many tests are they leaving on standby?

Dunno, but looks like only about 400 tests in last 24h. 1 in 6 (ish) positive. It was (approx) 1 in 10 last major outbreak.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Only 57 you must be incredibly disappointed with such a low number. Those sort of numbers aren’t going to scare many people really. No doubt you’ll be praying for a much bigger number tomorrow. 

That is little change.

I was travelling through half of Europe for over two months during the peak of the second wave; and it didn't concern me a bit.

I can't understand all the scaremongering...

12 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Dunno, but looks like only about 400 tests in last 24h. 1 in 6 (ish) positive. It was (approx) 1 in 10 last major outbreak.

416 tests today, it's been ramping up over the last week. 27th was 161, then 215, 250, 215, 366 up to 416 today.

Edited by Manx Yeller
Correction. 416 is yesterday, they haven't updated for today yet of course...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Positivity going up isn't a good thing. However HQ wants to spin it.

Whilst we are seeing more tests, and more cases as a result, the WHO reckons 5% positivity is about the threshold for whether an outbreak is under control .

Hopefully, things will start to level off again as we feel the reduction in transmission that lockdown brings.

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Positivity going up isn't a good thing. However HQ wants to spin it.

Whilst we are seeing more tests, and more cases as a result, the WHO reckons 5% positivity is about the threshold for whether an outbreak is under control .

Hopefully, things will start to level off again as we feel the reduction in transmission that lockdown brings.

To be fair, effective track and trace does put up positivity rates. But yes, agreed it's a bad thing.