IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

And the rest !! 

Take positives. It's probably cheaper to lay the construction sector off than have them continuing to make astronomical fuck-ups on the Promenade...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Thanks Howie but an explanation would be useful seeing as it’s going to cost taxpayers c£10m

Half measures don't work. This has been repeatedly borne out absolutely everywhere in the world.

As a lockdown has now been imposed it may as well be done properly.

Shut down to open up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Half measures don't work. This has been repeatedly borne out absolutely everywhere in the world.

As a lockdown has now been imposed it may as well be done properly.

Shut down to open up.

Agree.  So shut everything that isn't essential.

Why punish some sectors and give others a license to print money and gain financial from a situation that is screwing others over for years to come?

Do it properly or don't do it at all.  

Edited by horatiotheturd

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Agree.  So shut everything that isn't essential.

Why punish some sectors and give others a license to print money and gain financial from a situation that is screwing others over for years to come?

Do it properly or don't do it at all.  

That’s a bit overkill you can’t just take everyone’s livelihood off them unnecessarily. The only people in construction I’ve seen breaking the rules were the teams working for the DOI at about 3 sites yesterday. Not unlike the SPC situation really. We don’t have to do all that fussy shit like wearing masks or keeping 2M apart because we work for government. The private employers in contrast seem to have been responsible across the board and brought in proper monitoring and policies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Anyone else finding it annoying that many of Ashford's statements end in an upward inflection (also known as uptalk) that makes many of his statements sound like questions?

Yes it’s annoying but I’m afraid it’s not just Minister Ashford, a large proportion of the population do it. 
I find the Corona virus more annoying though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

DOI are celebrating as the Prom is off the agenda for awhile . Have a really good friend with shops down there and just messaged before that there all packing up there stuff apparently . He is totally fed up about it as its costing him thousands and then Hettie says no sign of building workers spreading it . You can see how he's pissed about it all .

Is it not classed as essential infrastructure?

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is it not classed as essential infrastructure?

I would have thought so but his message stated they wete packing up , tools in vans etc . Guess we will know more tomorrow . He also is not one to speculate or spread rumours so I believe him tbh . He's not happy !! If true wonder what Marco Leonetti has to say ? 

Edited by Numbnuts

9 minutes ago, CowMan said:

The only people in construction I’ve seen breaking the rules were the teams working for the DOI at about 3 sites yesterday...

I'm calling you out on this, Pinocchio. Don't believe a word of it. "about 3 sites" yeah, right, not 2 or 4, just "about". Where were these 3 sites? I suppose you were on essential journeys too eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All in all the current, and as yet still burgeoning shitshow, illustrates that previously our glorious leaders were not organised, competent and effective. They were simply bloody lucky. 
Soon Quayle’s competition with the Channel Islands...’Ooooh..look how much better we are than Guernsey’ will have to be spun as...’Ooooh..at least we’re not as shit as the English’.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm calling you out on this, Pinocchio. Don't believe a word of it. "about 3 sites" yeah, right, not 2 or 4, just "about". Where were these 3 sites? I suppose you were on essential journeys too eh? 

You seem to have some crazed obsession with my posts. Please feel free to put me on block rather than post rage filled bordering incoherent responses. I don’t really like dealing with crazies. I’ve reported one of the incidents to the DOI so let’s see what happens. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo