IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm calling you out on this, Pinocchio. Don't believe a word of it. "about 3 sites" yeah, right, not 2 or 4, just "about". Where were these 3 sites? I suppose you were on essential journeys too eh? 

To be fair driving along the prom today I saw 3 workers stood by a van no mask no social distance chatting away having a smoke so not really hard to disbelieve 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes it’s annoying but I’m afraid it’s not just Minister Ashford, a large proportion of the population do it. 
I find the Corona virus more annoying though.

'Upspeak is often considered to be unprofessional because it undermines the speaker's level of competence in the eyes of the listener.'..........................just sayin' (but have to agree)👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

All in all the current, and as yet still burgeoning shitshow, illustrates that previously our glorious leaders were not organised, competent and effective. They were simply bloody lucky. 
Soon Quayle’s competition with the Channel Islands...’Ooooh..look how much better we are than Guernsey’ will have to be spun as...’Ooooh..at least we’re not as shit as the English’.

The English? Who have a better vaccine rollout than we do, are opening things up again while we are shutting down and have much better financial support packages?

The English who a few months ago were in a much worse situation than we are but who have pulled themselves out of it while our lot have taken us from (lucky) hero to zero in a few months when we could be the envy of the world?

Those ones?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair driving along the prom today I saw 3 workers stood by a van no mask no social distance chatting away having a smoke so not really hard to disbelieve 

Yes the prom and also the lining works in Santon. 

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm calling you out on this, Pinocchio. Don't believe a word of it. "about 3 sites" yeah, right, not 2 or 4, just "about". Where were these 3 sites? I suppose you were on essential journeys too eh? 

I was fairly annoyed to see a Manx gas worker wearing his mask on his chin chatting to his colleague less than 1mtr away, likewise the doi man wearing no mask at all at the QB road site. Disgraceful behaviour! It’s such a shame as many construction workers did follow the rules.

I saw this on my way to and from work, can’t work from home and people need paying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The English? Who have a better vaccine rollout than we do, are opening things up again while we are shutting down and have much better financial support packages?

The English who a few months ago were in a much worse situation than we are but who have pulled themselves out of it while our lot have taken us from (lucky) hero to zero in a few months when we could be the envy of the world?

Those ones?

No, the English government that failed to get any material grip whatsoever on Covid for months (while 100,000 people died) until the vaccine came to their rescue, and whilst failing to achieve any mitigation, spent billions on test and trace that didn’t work, let contracts to their mates for non-compliant PPE and allowed infected patients to be admitted to care homes. Those English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Same on Bray Hill. No masks worn. No social distancing. Even took a picture as we went past. Not posting it in public though. 

8 minutes ago, CowMan said:

some crazed obsession... ...rage filled bordering incoherent responses.

You've been banned, under so many guises in the past yet keep returning to troll this forum time after time. You're the one with the "crazed obsession." You just can't stay away can you? 

I’ve reported one of the incidents today to the DOI so let’s see what happens. 

Pinocchio-nose.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

All in all the current, and as yet still burgeoning shitshow, illustrates that previously our glorious leaders were not organised, competent and effective. They were simply bloody lucky. 
Soon Quayle’s competition with the Channel Islands...’Ooooh..look how much better we are than Guernsey’ will have to be spun as...’Ooooh..at least we’re not as shit as the English’.

The way it's going england will be opened up and banning us from going there 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thommo2010 said:

The way it's going england will be opened up and banning us from going there 

The ultimate irony. Piers would have a larrrf.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

No, the English government that failed to get any material grip whatsoever on Covid for months (while 100,000 people died) until the vaccine came to their rescue, and whilst failing to achieve any mitigation, spent billions on test and trace that didn’t work, let contracts to their mates for non-compliant PPE and allowed infected patients to be admitted to care homes. Those English.

England is massive with loads of access points, loads of international travellers and sixty odd million people.

It should have been easy to keep a lid on it here and almost impossible there.

In six months I have a feeling we will know who handled it better and it won't be us.

11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I think you will find that this thinking and observation will not go unnoticed by the UK. As I mentioned before, I don’t know how much the IOMs PR agency, so beloved by our useless Government, haven’t done such a wonderful job after all, especially when their political paymasters have created the dog’s breakfast to end all dogs breakfast.

As HRH The Chief Minister likes to boast endlessly and needlessly about how great the island is, and it’s constant one upmanship against Guernsey and Jersey, Im sure he will have the opportunity at the Newspapers awards in April ..................... sorry will probably be cancelled yet again due to political incontinence. 

• Like 2