IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, but a responsible employer would make it a requirement and would enforce it.

There was a man in Tesco today with his mask carefully placed over his mouth but under his nose.  What is so hard about  getting mask wearing right?

Who nose?  Seems simple enough realy

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

I still don’t understand the closing of construction sector, Henny says no evidence they are spreading any virus with c 50% cases connected to education and offices another source. Also only a total of 24 unexplained cases according to Ashie so why close construction and cause substantial hardship to many workers???

Two persons can still work on vacant properties.  Tweet from IOM Govt. 

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I wish this Forum system allowed files sizes greater than 1.95MB.

There's a brilliant video of HRH The CM, The MBE and Lady Henrietta doing the rounds on WhatsApp, singing to the tune of 'I Will Survive'. Bloody hilarious it is. (the file size is 2.1MB unfortunately)  

Bloody hilarious is right.  Thank you and thanks to Barlow for a working link. 

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

Seems puerile to me. And therefore I distrust the intent behind it.

Yes, it will be some subversive element that really needs to be stamped out.

Satire is a kind way of telling governments that they are not held in high regard. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Satire is a kind way of telling governments that they are not held in high regard. 

Maybe sometimes. But more often, especially in Britain, it all ends up being a bit 6th form and giggly. It's easy to be negative for comedy effect. Smart people almost never are.

Edited by pongo

Iv been thinking about this for most of the day...the governments strategy seems to be lock everything down and hope it all goes away?  Doesn’t seem like the best proactive course of action.  It’s like a child closing their eyes and putting there hands over their ears.

they then say they can get everyone vaccinated by may? There is not a cats chance they will do that they don’t have the organizational skills.   What I suspect might be that they will send out letters inviting everyone in may which is definitely not the same thing has having  a vaccine..If by some miracle and they do manage it they plan to open the borders and get on with life, but the vaccine doesn’t magically make it disappear it’s still there and those that have not been fully vaccinated will still catch it....will we be locking down for them?.

5 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Iv been thinking about this for most of the day...the governments strategy seems to be lock everything down and hope it all goes away?  Doesn’t seem like the best proactive course of action.  It’s like a child closing their eyes and putting there hands over their ears.

they then say they can get everyone vaccinated by may? There is not a cats chance they will do that they don’t have the organizational skills.   What I suspect might be that they will send out letters inviting everyone in may which is definitely not the same thing has having  a vaccine..If by some miracle and they do manage it they plan to open the borders and get on with life, but the vaccine doesn’t magically make it disappear it’s still there and those that have not been fully vaccinated will still catch it....will we be locking down for them?.

Lets see how the phone lines work this weekend for booking vaccination before we worry . I couldnt get through in the week and then they announced not to ring but try on Saturday when you will get through . Watch this space ! .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s just one thing after another for you, isn’t it.   

It’s all sunshine and lollipops in my world...

I haven’t even got onto how this lockdown hasn’t stopped the government taking there money for the swimming lessons my kids will not be having from my bank account for the month ahead lol but I’m saving that for another day 😂 

• Haha 1

I've just had a quick peek at Guernsey's latest outbreak data. They went into lockdown on 23rd Jan, had their peak number of daily cases (56) on Feb 1st, this fell over the next couple of weeks and their first day of zero cases was feb 17th. From feb 18th to date there have been ten more cases, but there have been none for the last six days. 

So, it looks like they've taken five weeks to purge the virus. If we follow a similar trend and then, like last time, take another three weeks until we break cover, this 'circuit break' is going to be an eight week job.

Time to put another home brew on.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 8