IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I've just had a quick peek at Guernsey's latest outbreak data. They went into lockdown on 23rd Jan, had their peak number of daily cases (56) on Feb 1st, this fell over the next couple of weeks and their first day of zero cases was feb 17th. From feb 18th to date there have been ten more cases, but there have been none for the last six days. 

So, it looks like they've taken five weeks to purge the virus. If we follow a similar trend and then, like last time, take another three weeks until we break cover, this 'circuit break' is going to be an eight week job.

Time to put another home brew on.

I dont think we will wait for 3 weeks of no cases.  By the end of March the people that really need vaccinating will have been done.    The next week should give an indication but I'd be surprised if this lockdown lasts 8 weeks.

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Really?  Yku don't think there was an insinuation in the Sky interview that the UK public hadn't done the right thing and that is why they were were not as mega as we are?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-social-distancing-scrapped-as-isle-of-man-lifts-restrictions-12205197

Absolutely not.  I’ve watched your clip HQ says the Great Manx Public had done a great job (obviously thus far) at keeping COVID at Bay. There was no criticism, express or implied of the UK public.

In much the same way as the manager of a match winning team does not criticize the manager or players of the other side. They will concentrate on their own performance.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Really?  Yku don't think there was an insinuation in the Sky interview that the UK public hadn't done the right thing and that is why they were were not as mega as we are?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-social-distancing-scrapped-as-isle-of-man-lifts-restrictions-12205197

I really like HRH The Chief Minister ‘policy of eradication’ ‘we won’t be beaten’ comments. More comedy gold, except this ‘dick waving’ comes at a price. Taxpayers are paying a PR money to spin the IOM as some sort of paradise, like a utopia’. Free from COVID, land of milk and honey, except we are the land of dog shit and chewing gum. I’m surprised he didn’t burst into a song from the Laurence Skelly Song Book.

in the meantime, IOMG put its citizens at risk by its inept buffoonery with the Steam Packet. Stupidity and Idiocy ........ yes! Incompetence definitely! If the islands authorities and its henchmen spent as much time investigating and taking actual action, against the Steam Packet as compared to the actions taken against Abbotswood, all would be hunky dory! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I dont think we will wait for 3 weeks of no cases.  By the end of March the people that really need vaccinating will have been done.    The next week should give an indication but I'd be surprised if this lockdown lasts 8 weeks.

You're right, most likely 12!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I really like HRH The Chief Minister ‘policy of eradication’ ‘we won’t be beaten’ comments. More comedy gold, except this ‘dick waving’ comes at a price. Taxpayers are paying a PR money to spin the IOM as some sort of paradise, like a utopia’. Free from COVID, land of milk and honey, except we are the land of dog shit and chewing gum. 

Why don't you fuck off then if it so bad?  There's a boat in the mornin' fella.:whatever:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

You're right, most likely 12!

Well they have messed up big time these last 2 months so I'm reckoning they are going to be bricking it in case they get it wrong again . One thing for sure its not going to be three weeks like planned . 

• Like 1

I was struck today by the upbeat nature of the CM, Ashford and the useless cow Henrietta. It reminded me of one of those old disaster movies where the parents of children in mortal danger reassure them in soothing tones while all the time the viewer knows, "you lot are fucked".  50 odd new cases warranted a far more sombre tone, they are trying to convince us its all under control, badly.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I hope you are right - but remember it takes a few weeks for a reasonable amount of protection to be generated by a single dose. It may be that a phased and limited unlocking happens at an earlier juncture, but my money is still on at least 8 weeks until we can go to the Woody for a pint.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Agree.  So shut everything that isn't essential.

Why punish some sectors and give others a license to print money and gain financial from a situation that is screwing others over for years to come?

Do it properly or don't do it at all.  

We're certainly not all in this together, are we?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I think it'll be done by the time the schools are due back after Easter .

That should be the target, that's 12th April, certainly possible. I hope you're right.

Edited by TheTeapot

1 minute ago, NoTail said:

In way its academic if it is 10 or 12 weeks as UK is opening up in mid April,  about 6 weeks. So I will bugger off to the UK in my motorhome for 5 or 6 weeks and let the IOM sort itself out. 

I know someone going to the UK tomorrow for a few weeks.  Ironically to a place with far less covid than here.