IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, NoTail said:

In way its academic if it is 10 or 12 weeks as UK is opening up in mid April,  about 6 weeks. So I will bugger off to the UK in my motorhome for 5 or 6 weeks and let the IOM sort itself out. 

I bet Heysham based facebook groups are demanding the boarders are closed.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I bet Heysham based facebook groups are demanding the boarders are closed.

Yes why would the good folks of Lancashire want us Manx “filthy virus spreaders” now the boot is on the other foot? Maybe there will be a Facebook outcry and calls for us to spend 21 days quarantine in the Holiday Inn on Junction 33.

27 minutes ago, NoTail said:

In way its academic if it is 10 or 12 weeks as UK is opening up in mid April,  about 6 weeks. So I will bugger off to the UK in my motorhome for 5 or 6 weeks and let the IOM sort itself out. 

If you need to tax it before then you won't be able to afford the ferry!

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

So do everything late and badly and fuck everyones life up?

Can’t speak for everyone of course but my life’s not been fucked up ( inconvenienced yes which is probably the same for the majority) Sure the pandemic has fucked a lot of peoples lives up and large numbers have died and been incapacitated.
But HQ and IOMG didn’t create this virus and are having to deal with what it brings. Why should the IOM be immune from this? ( no pun intended)

Its COVID that is fucking people’s  life up. Can you not see that ? 

Or do you just want a scapegoat for something (a pandemic) you don’t understand?

You just want to lash out in frustration and the Government is the easiest target.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Can’t speak for everyone of course but my life’s not been fucked up ( inconvenienced yes which is probably the same for the majority) Sure the pandemic has fucked a lot of peoples lives up and large numbers have died and been incapacitated.
But HQ and IOMG didn’t create this virus and are having to deal with what it brings. Why should the IOM be immune from this? ( no pun intended)

Or do you just want a scapegoat for something (a pandemic) you don’t understand?

You just want to lash out in frustration and the Government is the easiest target.

You think they have dealt well with this (I don't mean Howard and David, I mean government)?

You honestly don't think that they have screwed up just a little bit?

Why don't you phone 111 and ask them how its going?  Not now obviously because they are closed, and not tomorrow because you won't be able to get through.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I was broadly supportive of lockdown 1, and of the continued border restrictions following.

However, as one of the many people who expressed significant concern (being described as a 'doomer' or something equally brilliant by some) about the future, mostly to do with suspicions of complacency and a lack of preparedness for this exact situation, frankly I think I've a right to be a bit pissed off.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Until Xmas 2020 they handled it well / Got lucky so people ambivalent. Peolle will pick their version of events.

Jan 2021 people mainly thought lockdown was a bit late but it was over quick, so let's move on 

Now it transpires that we are in the current situation due to the steam packet issue. Dudley Butt on twitter recently said the matter was reported last year and that authorities were aware for a long time.

Therefore it would appear that the root cause of the current lockdown was a foreseeable & mitigation could have been put in place.

It is for this reason everyone I know it fuming about the current situation  

Edited by snowman
  • Like 5