IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

I stopped using the NHS physiotherapy referral system 2 years ago as found it impossible to get appointments, probably a lot worse now. Easier & better treatment going private although appreciate that’s not an option for everyone 

Given that you’ve been able to self refer on line for two years....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Given that you’ve been able to self refer on line for two years....

I’ve tried that John, think it’s longer than 2 years for online but you still had to call up to get appointments x days after referring and difficult to get through to anyone, no appointments available for some time etc

A bit of a random observation, but when I see couples out walking, quite often only one is wearing a mask and that is usually just the woman.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

I stopped using the NHS physiotherapy referral system 2 years ago as found it impossible to get appointments, probably a lot worse now. Easier & better treatment going private although appreciate that’s not an option for everyone 

How much to get the chips off your shoulder?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This isn't a new problem. The fracture clinic can refer you to physio, you can wonder where the appointment is and ask your GP who can refer you you again until you eventually take things into your own hands and discover none of the three have the same records and someone at a house you lived in 5 years ago will have had some post for you and that through no fault of your own you've added to the missed appointments stats.

Its bizarre.

Bizarre indeed. This is what happens when new systems are introduced step-wise rather than tearing the whole thing up and starting from scratch. Although that failed in the UK too.

When a GP refers me a patient they use EMIS, print and post the referral. This is then scanned into Medway before I see it and prioritise it. When I see the patient I dictate a letter on BigHand, which has voice recognition, and a secretary formats it and links to Medway.  The letter gets printed, posted to the GP, and also scanned into MediViewer at the hospital.  The GP will scan it into EMIS. 

If I refer a patient to physio I make a referral on ICE (which can be accessed by Medway).  They do their notes on RIO, which as far as I’m aware doesn’t link to anything I or the GPs use.

I request XRays on ICE the same, but the images are seen in PACS.  The radiologists use another system for XR reporting. 

Why? GDPR and confidentiality probably.  These are the reasons given anyway.  A universal medical record, accessible by all who need to, would be a great thing.  The current system is worse than 15 years ago when paper referrals were kept in an A4 ring binder, operating lists were on 3x5 index cards, and notes were paper. I’m not a luddite technophobe by any stretch of the imagination, but I simply haven’t seen much improve by the digital revolution in healthcare in 25 years of doing it. Except PACS - not having film XRs is great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Bizarre indeed.

A universal medical record, accessible by all who need to, would be a great thing. 

Thanks for replying. Sounds like its even more frustrating for you guys than it is for us patients.

A universal record would be pretty useful. The physio don't send reports to the gp, the gp can't access any notes they might have made, if you need a sick note there is nothing for the gp to refer to, and there's no point in taking up an appointment if that's ll you want when you were at physio the day before. Who can't issue one. 

Frustrating

Edited by TheTeapot

15 minutes ago, wrighty said:

When a GP refers me a patient they use EMIS, print and post the referral

GPs haven't printed out paper copies of referrals and sent them in the post for a number of years. They are sent electronically. 

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The letter gets printed, posted to the GP, and also scanned into MediViewer at the hospital.  The GP will scan it into EMIS.

The majority of letters received into GP practices are also now received electronically and added to the patient record once they have been seen.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I’ve tried that John, think it’s longer than 2 years for online but you still had to call up to get appointments x days after referring and difficult to get through to anyone, no appointments available for some time etc

My experience does not match this at all 

1 hour ago, code99 said:

To me the message of this parody is quite clear. The screw up with the Steam Packet non-quarantine is serious. The government's reticence to properly investigate what happened can only be attributed to one thing - each of the 'magnificent trio' are afraid that any enquiry might reflect badly on them personally. Somebody should resign for this fiasco, but what they value more than accountability is the preservation of their own jobs. Hence - ''I will survive''. In other words - no enquiry = no accountability = no political consequences. This is so unlike what happens when ordinary people accidentally break rules. Incidentally: " Police to explain before enforcing Covid laws, says Chief Constable. Those who deliberately break coronavirus laws will face the consequences..." This is probably too little too late for all of us who are now suffering in lockdown as a direct consequence of the Steam Packet screw up.

Might I respectfully suggest you have misinterpreted the intended meaning of the classic early disco smash? For the clip to have stood any chance of working, the three characters would have had to have resigned their posts forthwith and relinquished any claim on their retirement packages. That they didn't and haven't renders the choice of soundtrack wholly inappropriate. Maybe something like Tom Robinson's I'm Alright Jack would have worked better?

I've seen the satirical element of the piece gushed about herein, but as far as I can tell there simply isn't one. All I get is a creepy animation with an irrelevant song in the background. No stars. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Might I respectfully suggest you have misinterpreted the intended meaning of the classic early disco smash? For the clip to have stood any chance of working, the three characters would have had to have resigned their posts forthwith and relinquished any claim on their retirement packages. That they didn't and haven't renders the choice of soundtrack wholly inappropriate. Maybe something like Tom Robinson's I'm Alright Jack would have worked better?

I've seen the satirical element of the piece gushed about herein, but as far as I can tell there simply isn't one. All I get is a creepy animation with an irrelevant song in the background. No stars. 

Correct, to be satirical it needs to have some bite, or a little nibble at the very least. This does not have that.

They should have used The Man Don't Give A Fuck by Super Furry Animals.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You clearly have no idea how this island functions. You are basically saying we can manage without a hospital, gas, power, water, phones, internet etc. You are deluding yourself if you think we can afford to have all skills on island (meaning those you just need now and again).

Yes, we should limit them to the minimum and make sure that key=key. But not none.

For the record, Terry Fuckwitt is one of the few that talks sense on here.

Actually I do have an idea of how this island operates. Yes I originally had a view like yours but my view has somewhat shifted.  I used to think some of the Facebook crowd had strange views but some have made a compelling argument against importing key workers until the pandemic eases. For the meantime we can make do. 

For the record regarding Terry Fuckwitt - that’s clearly your opinion!