IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

55 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Whatever the exact mechanics - you seem to know more of the process than me - there’s too much scanning of printed copies for my liking, and too many incompatible systems. 

Doesn't the very act of scanning introduce the potential for error, delay and omission?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

If you put a load of butter and cream and pepper in them, you can just about get away with eating it.  The question is, why would you?

Anyway, this is a thread about a GLOBAL PANDEMIC - Enough of your cooking talk!  :D

There is always room for cooking talk, even in a pandemic.

A student favourite of mine was Smash with a sprinkle of cumin, delish with a hint of the Indian subcontinent. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There is always room for cooking talk, even in a pandemic.

A student favourite of mine was Smash with a sprinkle of cumin, delish with a hint of the Indian subcontinent. 

Mine was baked beans with two eggs mixed in and cooked. Looked awful but tasted ok and it was cheap.

• Like 2

For everyones info. Rang as instructed today after receiving my letter to register for my vaccine and being unable to get through throughout the week. First call got a operator after 17 minutes but sadly I could hear the girl but she couldnt hear me s . As you all know this can happen with mobile and sometime dodgy service. Rinse repeat and after 16 1/2 minutes again had a reply and after a few questions and confirmation of my details I was done and dusted . Apparently will get a call back from appointment people giving me both dates and times etc for my vaccinations . Backed up by email also apparently . Not the most efficent system but at least its happening I guess . Ohhh, while waiting you only get a count down when you reach 30 in line and the tone varies between little beeps , pre recorded message and music and when you get to 30 a indication where you are in the waiting list. Mind you my call was answered at 11 !  . Bit random and would imagine will confuse some older people. Oh wait I am older dohhh

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

Mrs Q has just said that it was posted on farcebook that Jason Moorhouse has said that when he left the meeting last night at 8.30ish, the positive results were still coming in...

Well I guess they have locked down as much as possible so not much more to do than go home , not have a briefing today. Loads of school kids getting tested today so I'm sure the numbers will expode sadly .

3 hours ago, code99 said:

Incidentally: " Police to explain before enforcing Covid laws, says Chief Constable. Those who deliberately break coronavirus laws will face the consequences..." This is probably too little too late for all of us who are now suffering in lockdown as a direct consequence of the Steam Packet screw up.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/deliberate-law-breakers-will-face-consequences/

Likely because he’s got no resources anymore to act like total twats and just chuck people in prison no questions asked. That’s probably why everyone is just going to get a nice talking too... and that’s if they ever even find anyone outside while they’re all self isolating at home. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yes, I see what you mean, sorry.

But..

I think it is relevant. We're in a pandemic and the Isle of Man is in the shit.

Well something is driving this phenomenon.

There are too many tough guys about who think they are too too tough to wear a mask.

Are you one of them ndp?

I’m an avid mask wearer, ask the missus ;0)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1