IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Likely because he’s got no resources anymore to act like total twats and just chuck people in prison no questions asked. That’s probably why everyone is just going to get a nice talking too... and that’s if they ever even find anyone outside while they’re all self isolating at home. 

I was working a few hours this morning , earth trip etc due to issues with a customers wiring in garden , and am fully expecting a visit and convo with police . Will have a few hours next week to finish but dont see how it can be not acceptable . 

• Like 3

Its a reoccurring theme to just let the virus do it’s thing and worry about the consequences on Monday, If people behave over the weekend they’ll keep measures as they are now, if people start driving off the likes of Marine drive or taking up resources elsewhere then it’s only an all island limit and a restriction on exercise left next. 

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I was working a few hours this morning , earth trip etc due to issues with a customers wiring in garden , and am fully expecting a visit and convo with police . Will have a few hours next week to finish but dont see how it can be not acceptable . 

Nuisance trip issues will fall under emergency work, as would any unsafe wiring, I’d just make sure you put on your invoice that it’s emergency work due to whatever danger it would pose if left.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

There’s none out. I’ve been out and about doing shopping trips for some of the oldies this morning and only seen one police Transit this morning and that was in the queue at McDonalds drive thru. The visible presence is pretty much nil. I can’t see you getting a call unless your customers next door neighbour is one of those intolerable nosy bastards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

There’s none out. I’ve been out and about doing shopping trips for some of the oldies this morning and only seen one police Transit this morning and that was in the queue at McDonalds drive thru. The visible presence is pretty much nil. I can’t see you getting a call unless your customers next door neighbour is one of those intolerable nosy bastards. 

Tbh its the neighbour issue would trigger it . Working in Onchan with bushes ,hedges and detached but still have to access stuff from van etc. Not worried as its emergency and I'm responsible and wearing PPE despite working alone . 

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Curtain twitchers will be at their height at the moment, most estates will be like a neighbourhood watch scheme, but I wouldn’t really be expecting a visit  unless you’ve visibly broken distancing or mask wearing rules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Curtain twitchers will be at their height at the moment, most estates will be like a neighbourhood watch scheme, but I wouldn’t really be expecting a visit  unless you’ve visibly broken distancing or mask wearing rules.

They haven’t even got the resource to follow up on the calls from all the nosy bastards from what I hear either. I think the most anyone is likely to get is a phone call advising them that they have been spotted and not to do it again. The fact is a lot of people have perfectly genuine reasons to be out and last time it was all the nosy f**kers wasting police time reporting people that caused a lot of the resourcing issues. 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Well, now we're talking about cooking again,

Mine was boiled potatoes with squeezy mustard.

I think I win Top Trumps of the appalling student food.

Imagine it with Smash. 🤮

Mine was Heinz tinned macaroni cheese with squeezy mustard.

Eaten cold. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It actually doesn't even have to be an emergency.  According to advice issued yesterday:

Tradespeople who work alone or with one other person outdoors only – such as window cleaners, outdoor painters, gardeners etc. – can continue to work provided that it is no more than two people with full mitigations including masks and social distancing in place. 

Work on vacant properties is permitted, subject to the two person rule. Work on critical national infrastructure can continue.

Emergency work and essential repairs will be allowed to continue. 

Though it's worth pointing out that it's taken three lockdowns to get to this sensible position (rather than banning outdoor work but allowing Dandara).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

That is shocking, no wonder things go missing. Far too much human input gives many chances for mistakes.

Is this something Manx Care will address?

I spent some time in a very high tech Cambridge area hospital 2 years ago and the nurses were using modified iPhones to record stats/ the usual stuff they do to you when you are on a ward.

No paper in a file on the end of your bed, just nurses and their own iPhones. The kit they were taking blood pressure with looked exactly the same as at Nobles but it sent the results to their iPhone. Is this what we will have eventually?

Simple answer is yes it's in hand, just a lot of old, entrenched behaviours on behalf of senior clinicians (GP's included) to get it past and of course cash.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

How utterly fucking depressing

No description available.

Come on .............. what did you really expect?

I know it’s completely OTT - but mirroring DBC who are OTT and completely useless anyway. There are loads of these yellow metal railings, perhaps IOMG have shares in the company making them.