IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why has Juan put those case figures out from 10.30am, when every other day its at 4pm, and still due today? Purposeful water muddying?

According to our Health Minister, MBE, the portal is only updated by the lab once per day, and that can be at any time of the day before the next press release. So the 4pm figures are correct at the time of whenever that update was entered into the portal.

18 minutes ago, jaymann said:

If he even tries to actually legislate that, he's on very dangerous territory and I think he's misrepresenting the actual data as I said above.

I was on a Zoom with someone yesterday who *had* to go in to the office for payroll, for example. I've been going in to my office to approve and process payments as needed. The office normally has ~70 people on a given day normally without restrictions. Currently around 6 per day, if that. All carrying out key functions they can't do from home. It's impossible to legislate properly without far too many holes. He needs to stop coming out with such stupid statements.

You might not have noticed, but many, many businesses have been completely shut down. All Big H has to do is legislate that office sectors also have to completely shut all premises (possibly unless they are an essential service like a bank).

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why has Juan put those case figures out from 10.30am, when every other day its at 4pm, and still due today? Purposeful water muddying?

Yes. So they have to put the true 24 hours figure up not just the one from this morning. Someone has to force them to publish honest figures.

Just now, Raffles said:

You might not have noticed, but many, many businesses have been completely shut down. All Big H has to do is legislate that office sectors also have to completely shut all premises (possibly unless they are an essential service like a bank).

Oh I have noticed. But they're not comparable sectors, by any stretch.

It would be practically impossible to effectively legislate the closing of offices without creating a considerable number of holes or exemptions.

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

According to our Health Minister, MBE, the portal is only updated by the lab once per day, and that can be at any time of the day before the next press release. So the 4pm figures are correct at the time of whenever that update was entered into the portal.

Assuming he is correctly representing the truth with that statement.

Of course all this could go away if they told us the time the figures entered the portal.

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Hospital admissions up by 1. 

They really need to let people know if that is people ill because they have COVID, or people going into Nobles for something else and testing positive.

People go into Nobles all the time, and most people can work out that if you tested the whole island this week a lot of people would be positive - likely over 1500.

They will say data protection but I can't see how.  Gibrlater and others are very detailed with their info without breaching any patient confidentiality.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They really need to let people know if that is people ill because they have COVID, or people going into Nobles for something else and testing positive.

People go into Nobles all the time, and most people can work out that if you tested the whole island this week a lot of people would be positive - likely over 1500.

They will say data protection but I can't see how.  Gibrlater and others are very detailed with their info without breaching any patient confidentiality.

Just because someone isn't ill when they test positive, doesn't mean they'll stay asymptomatic.

COVID takes a while to present symptoms, it can be days after you start shedding enough to test positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Just because someone isn't ill when they test positive, doesn't mean they'll stay asymptomatic.

COVID takes a while to present symptoms, it can be days after you start shedding enough to test positive.

Thats not the point though.  Still doesn't make it the reason someone is in hospital

31 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ace. Mine was mix the Smash in a bowl with a cupful of breadcrumbs, a little grated cheese, an egg, salt and pepper. Cover your hands with flour and roll the mix into sausages. Shallow fry and brown in butter...

Pandemic Cordon Bleu. 😬

I admire your ingenuity.

I'm a lazy cook. My Heinz macaroni cheese with mustard went straight from the tin to my gob. Only had to use a tin opener and wash the fork. Job done. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Once we get past the policy of virus elimination, case numbers will be just noise, with the only meaningful number being ICU capacity.

Interesting that just three cases above 65 shows vaccines are working and/or were keeping out of harms way.

Any kids testing positive now could quite easily have passed it to their grandparents earlier this week.

We may get lucky yet again and avoid deaths this time (I really do hope so) but that all depends on these next few days. 

CoMin have massively messed this one up. Will any of them have the decency to walk though?

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 1