IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, CowMan said:

You seem to be another of the relentlessly angry people on this forum who seem to take themselves and what they say far too seriously. 

Weird thing for the person throwing a shit-fit any time someone reports the day's results in a thread about the pandemic to say.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

234 active cases. 59.4% linked. So that's 139 known cases "in the cluster". I'd be interested to know if we hadn't had those unknown cases as to whether they'd still be telling us it's all under control and no reason to lockdown, as they are all in the same cluster. Just goes to show what ridiculous thinking that was.

Fuck, that's bad. 

5 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

234 active cases. 59.4% linked. So that's 139 known cases "in the cluster". I'd be interested to know if we hadn't had those unknown cases as to whether they'd still be telling us it's all under control and no reason to lockdown, as they are all in the same cluster. Just goes to show what ridiculous thinking that was.

People should stop blaming the Steam Packet and its employees.  Though exactly what happened should be investigated to tighten up procedures, there is always going to be some risk if goods (never mind people) have to be brought to the Island.  The real responsibility lies with Quayle and the government and their 'pretend it isn't happening' approach.  And this redefinition of community cases lies at the heart of the problem.  It served only to make the politicians feel good about doing nothing.

There seems to have been a belief that because someone has caught the virus off a parent, say, and are now co-isolating that means they couldn't have passed it on before they started isolating.  Put like that it's obvious nonsense, but playing about with language allowed them to believe it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CowMan said:

You seem to be another of the relentlessly angry people on this forum who seem to take themselves and what they say far too seriously. 

Nope, not angry, pretty darn chilled as a matter of fact. But thank you (and the other yous) for expressing your collective concern. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

The question I have as well, as how many of those known cases are contacts of people who have flagged up as unknown cases.

I imagine, that if Alice catches it from an unknown source, then all her family catch it, they all count as 'in the cluster' because Alice is linked to them.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well if nothing else so as to show us that rather than being the up to minute figures, they are actually almost a day behind.  I assumed they would be interim figures, but apart from two more people in hospital the 4pm ones are the same as the overnight ones and Gef is now describing those as the Friday ones.

It also suggests there are sets of figures that insiders (Watterson, Gef) get that are more detailed and informative and a lot earlier than those they give to the public.  They seem to spend most of the gap deciding on how to spin things rather than what action to take.

There’s an odd and potentially sinister hook up between government and Gef. It smells unpleasant.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Cases from a known source doesn't necessarily mean from the same cluster does it?

Could be lots of little clusters by know.

If my Mrs has it and we don't know how, then the rest of us in the house get it the extra cases are from known source, but still stuff all to do with last weeks ridiculous cluster scenario.  

Clever wording that makes it sound more in control than it is IMO 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Weird thing for the person throwing a shit-fit any time someone reports the day's results in a thread about the pandemic to say.

No shit fit from me at all. I’m just bemused why the default setting on this forum in relation to covid reporting is so unrelentingly depressing and seems designed solely to try to scare as many people as possible by attempting to blow up as many successive depressing scenarios possible 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Jesus. Can see all schools being shut for 2 weeks solid.

Well they’re shut for Easter holidays in 3 weeks anyway, also key workers need places for their children otherwise even more will be shut down including potentially vaccinations hubs if staff not available 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/key-workers-want-answers-about-childcare-says-unite/

24 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Nope, not angry, pretty darn chilled as a matter of fact. But thank you (and the other yous) for expressing your collective concern. 

There are no other me’s. You seem to be as paranoid and troubled as several other posters on this forum are when it comes to determining what is real and what is not real 👍

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

No shit fit from me at all. I’m just bemused why the default setting on this forum in relation to covid reporting is so unrelentingly depressing and seems designed solely to try to scare as many people as possible by attempting to blow up as many successive depressing scenarios possible 👍

Not sure where you get that from.

People are consistently pointing out that cases don't really mean anything g and that people in hospital is the only real consideration.  Personally I reckon thousands have had it between now and Christmas.  Its not a big deal until the hospital becomes overrun and hopefully that won't ever happen.