IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well they’re shut for Easter holidays in 3 weeks anyway, also key workers need places for their children otherwise even more will be shut down including potentially vaccinations hubs if staff not available 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/key-workers-want-answers-about-childcare-says-unite/

Hopefully in a few weeks we will have evidence that hundreds of school kids had it, and none of them got sick in any way that needed worrying about.

The vulnerable will be vaccinated, and the government will convince those who think a "case" is a death sentence that its really not a big deal once those who need to be are protected and everything will open up and we can all have an ace summer sharing the island with loads of tourists with pockets full of cash to spend back in our economy.

If we keep trying to eradicate we will just get isolated from and left behind by the rest of the world. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

There’s an odd and potentially sinister hook up between government and Gef. It smells unpleasant.

Did any of the Pet Shop Boys ever put a Mongoose up their arse? 

C114AE79-4F36-425C-BCA6-225BAD583C23.jpeg

Edited by CowMan
Reset picture

22 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

There’s an odd and potentially sinister hook up between government and Gef. It smells unpleasant.

Definitely, there was absolutely no reason for them to be included in the press briefings last year. At the time it looked like a failed PR & marketing business made up of typical wanky PR bullshitters.

They have an actual 'journalist' now of course but they needed to grab one from somewhere just to justify their spot at the table.

Edited by reptar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, reptar said:

Definitely, there was absolutely no reason for them to be included in the press briefings last year. At the time it looked like a failed PR & marketing business made up of typical wanky PR bullshitters.

They have an actual 'journalist' now of course but they needed to grab one from somewhere just to justify their spot at the table.

Who are 'they'? No names or backing seems to be mentioned.

MF has just as much right to send a rep to these briefings as this anonymous bunch seem to.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Hopefully in a few weeks we will have evidence that hundreds of school kids had it, and none of them got sick in any way that needed worrying about.

Well no...hopefully not.

We can use the UKs data without making ours as Guinea-Pigs thanks.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

MF has just as much right to send a rep to these briefings as this anonymous bunch seem to.

I have no idea, they just seemed like the usual bunch that are into this sort of thing. You know the type, think they're much smarter than they actually are, never actually done anything of note. Then just make up a load of PR bullshit. In my mind they're probably like something straight out of Nathan Barley.

3 hours ago, CowMan said:

No shit fit from me at all. I’m just bemused why the default setting on this forum in relation to covid reporting is so unrelentingly depressing and seems designed solely to try to scare as many people as possible by attempting to blow up as many successive depressing scenarios possible 👍

I'm surprised you're surprised considering you've been repeating the same old kind of sheight on here for years. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

How does one apply for press accreditation at these events?

Easy. You just need a crochet hook to stick in your ear to pull out 45% of your brains....so when there is a glaringly obvious government blunder, you still won't ask any difficult questions. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You can take a look on LinkedIn and see who is involved, I just have. To my surprise there are some actual grown ups in charge :lol:

10 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It’s owned by a subsidiary of a company called Impellity. You can always make a registry enquiry if it concerns you so much. There’s even a Peel connection for you Albert. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo