IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

They were pretty much ready to hang it up Gef apparently, they'd been trying to operate as some kind of marketing company. Then the gov needed somewhere to get some positive media spin and a chunk of DfE cash was sent their way (Robertshaw dragged that info out in Tynwald) and a bunch of fluffy articles 'sponsored by the Isle of Man government' appeared on their website. Some of those articles were blatant rip offs of other peoples work, some were just shit, but suddenly it was Howie O'Clock and everyone was delighted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, CowMan said:

It’s owned by a subsidiary of a company called Impellity. You can always make a registry enquiry if it concerns you so much. 

Well no...most reputable news generators clearly specify who they are.

Gef is a shop by the looks, with a few news stories...most of which are regurgitated press releases.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They were pretty much ready to hang it up Gef apparently, they'd been trying to operate as some kind of marketing company. Then the gov needed somewhere to get some positive media spin and a chunk of DfE cash was sent their way (Robertshaw dragged that info out in Tynwald) and a bunch of fluffy articles 'sponsored by the Isle of Man government' appeared on their website. Some of those articles were blatant rip offs of other peoples work, some were just shit, but suddenly it was Howie O'Clock and everyone was delighted.

The sad thing is that the rest of our "journalists" seem to be trying to copy there fast paced, hip and cool style.

Manx radio now doing stupid live blogs etc

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No comment 😁

I’m not being funny but it took me 5 minutes to find out who ultimately owns Gef and who the key shareholders and staff are. The information is easily available. It’s not some secretive operation as portrayed. Largely Manxies too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Manx radio now doing stupid live blogs etc

I find the MR live blog pretty useful actually, if I want to know if there is anything interesting going on in the briefing without having to listen to it

• Like 3

The way to have prevented this would have been to lock down properly weeks ago. Including closing schools and preventing mixing. And the ferry crews should definitely always have been under quarantine - or else the company should just have used UK based crews.

But if the government had taken these measures then a whole bunch of shouty people, many posting here, would have said that the measures went too far - supporting their nonsense with a whole lot of bogus short term economic arguments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I’m not being funny but it took me 5 minutes to find out who ultimately owns Gef and who the key shareholders and staff are. The information is easily available. It’s not some secretive operation as portrayed. Largely Manxies too. 

Save us all the 5 minutes and repetition of work and tell us then

• Haha 2