IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, snowman said:

Why is it amazing?

Well firstly it was a private members bill that he managed to get through which has been rarely done and secondly given the number of religious rednecks who live here it managed to happen. 

• Like 1

image.png.d46fe98fc7960de1eef32766631119b8.png

So the rumour about people not being able to get through on 111 to book vaccine appointments, only to be then told not to use it for a few days by HQ & DA. 

So the rumour about people in the most vulnerable group not receiving letters, so are missing from the vaccine list, only to find out GP's are now manually going over their lists to find them.

Seems a rumour might just be an inconvenient* truth sometimes.

*for some at least

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

They really could quit the total tests number totally meaningless a year into it. 

Total test numbers is pointless I certainly don’t care how many cases we’ve had since this all began. It confuses matters. Just have it up on the website for people to google if they so wish. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Manxtoffee said:

Total test numbers is pointless I certainly don’t care how many cases we’ve had since this all began. It confuses matters. Just have it up on the website for people to google if they so wish. 

The doom surfers have to get their fix though so they can then post crap and spread panic to others all over social media about numbers of tests and infections rising etc etc like it means anything. Still nobody has died and 2 in hospital probably because they’re elderly or have underlying conditions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CowMan said:

The doom surfers have to get their fix though so they can then post crap and spread panic to others all over social media about numbers of tests and infections rising etc etc like it means anything. Still nobody has died and 2 in hospital probably because they’re elderly or have underlying conditions. 

5 in hospital.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

So that is absolutely fine and ok then. In YOUR way of thinking. 

The ability to doom surf here is quite spectacular. Amazing even. I didn't say say it was ok did I? I’m assuming your grasp of the English language is enough to realize that I didn’t say that. But it’s hardly a cause for mass panic is it? We got to 10 at one stage during the first lockdown and you have no idea at all whether any underlying conditions or age related factors are at play here. Most admissions last time didn’t result in deaths either. But no, let’s all just automatically pee our pants and spread panic as there’s been an increase in hospital admissions. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo and added words.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Nobody has died yet. It takes 3 to 4 weeks from symptoms showing for people to pass away of covid. This is a bit like people last weekend saying "it's only a couple of cases in the community what's everyone so worried about" or the week before that with "it's only a little cluster involving a coffee shop what's the panic" or a week before that when it was "just one person caught it from someone on the boat - what's everyone worried about".

It may seem like a lifetime ago but this has taken less than 4 weeks (12th February first reported case of UK based SP worker positive, 18th February Manx SP worker tested positive) to spread rapidly through the community because we haven't been socially distancing etc. We haven't even hit peak cases yet so it's far too early to be crowing on / trolling about nobody dying yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, manxst said:

The ‘bandwagons’ (read: things that SHOULD have happened to prevent the calamitous state the island now finds itself in) that have been proved right. As opposed to your opinion which wasn’t. Yawn. Won’t reply again, as I’m sure people have better things to do than see us argue and you being wrong again. 
for info, my ‘sources’ are middle management DOI who I work directly with. Not from the pub or from your fantasy land from where your rationale and arguments come from. 

Well here is confirmation that the bus drivers haven't been done. I genuinely believe that the chief constable reference to transport workers was only referring to the SPCo. Could be wrong of course.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-drivers-want-to-move-up-vaccine-priority-list-says-unite/

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It may seem like a lifetime ago but this has taken less than 4 weeks (12th February first reported case of UK based SP worker positive, 18th February Manx SP worker tested positive) to spread rapidly through the community because we haven't been socially distancing etc. We haven't even hit peak cases yet so it's far too early to be crowing on / trolling about nobody dying yet.

I’m neither crowing or trolling but it seems that any comment on this forum that doesn’t transmit a persistent sense of doom and gloom is seen as such. Somebody may well die yet but it’s equally far too early to call the doom and gloom scenarios either. By far our main fatalities last time were care home related. Hardly anyone actually died in hospital. Still a few more in hospital and the death surfers are straight out with their end of the world predictions.  

• Sad 1

Just now, CowMan said:

I’m neither crowing or trolling but it seems that any comment on this forum that doesn’t transmit a persistent sense of doom and gloom is seen as such. Somebody may well die yet but it’s equally far too early to call the doom and gloom scenarios either. By far our main fatalities last time were care home related. Hardly anyone actually died in hospital. Still a few more in hospital and the death surfers are straight out with their end of the world predictions.  

Haha. If you are not a doom merchant or fiercely anti government, you will never be welcome on here. 

Good to see more people joining who are more objective with their views.

The situation is not good but we are now in day 4 of lockdown. Accepting intra household infections will rumble on for a few more days, we should see a downturn in new cases about Wednesday this week. That's if the great manx public do their duty.

• Like 3