IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The prevalence of community cases will dictate the length of this lockdown. That's what a lot of people want to know about. As soon as we get near zero in that count, we'll know that the end is in sight. 

Exactly.   So stop closing up the system by tqeqstqing tqqhousands who are already in isolation and allocate those test ms to random people out and about and see how prevelant it is.  Testing little Billy's whole family when we already know Billy has it but can't leave those house is stupid and just bumps up cases figures and scares people.  Mum and Dad will probably get it an d be fine.  Who cares if they are at home anyway.

I would rather know if Vera in the coop was asymptomatic or not.

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

He binned it off as not being useful data after completing the preliminary report didn't he?

Why would you bin off the opportunity to conduct 10,000 antibody tests to establish if the Island had already been exposed to the virus?

Would that not have been VERY valuable research?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Why would you bin off the opportunity to conduct 10,000 antibody tests to establish if the Island had already been exposed to the virus?

I think it's their bizarre aversion to testing people that put pay to this. 

Test, test test was what Ashford stood up and said during the first wave and it was exactly this they they have failed to do ever since.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

His shredder was gnashing at his ankles?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I think that after about 5000 they'd figured out the prevalence was really low.

Also, no one was ever able to give a proper answer of what actual practical use the data was, other than for writing a reasonably interesting thesis on one day. 

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think that after about 5000 they'd figured out the prevalence was really low.

Also, no one was ever able to give a proper answer of what actual practical use the data was, other than for writing a reasonably interesting thesis on one day. 

Or, for example, if you want to travel anywhere in the next year or so before you get a vaccine.

Do it next week and I think the whole island would be suprised how many of us have had it from November to now.

Edited by horatiotheturd

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's a pretty mad take.

Is it, when events for this year are already stating you need a vaccine or condmfirmation of previous infection to buy tickets?

I would get one tomorrow of there was a chance it meant I could travel

Are you one of those who is convinced you haven't had it because you haven't been ill?

Edited by horatiotheturd

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It should be pretty clear to you by now that there is no such thing as low level transmission bubbling away gently in the background, slowly working its way through the population.

To argue otherwise is total fantasy.

I wonder how many low risk , carry on as normal unless you signs contributed to the now. 

Edited by Holte End

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It should be pretty clear to you by now that there is no such thing as low level transmission bubbling away gently in the background, slowly working its way through the population.

To argue otherwise is total fantasy.

So you dispute that thousands have had it and didn't know?

How do you explain the huge numbers of people in the UK who tested positive as surveillance, testing, or prior to a hospital visit or for travel who without that test wojld have never known.

I would put money on there having been cases in every manx school last week but by sending them all home it will fizzle out until we relax the borders in May and have to just crack on