IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

It’s not even that complicated. He’s just looking for energy. No amount of facts or evidence will affect him. That’s not what this is about.

it’s all about the response and the energy generated. 

@Roger Mexico gave it a name once - it’s a kind of trolling but I can’t remember the name - maybe he will post it again. 

You we probably thinking of sealioning, which is slightly different from what is happening here - not least because someone engaged in sealioning is always scrupulously polite on the surface - indeed part of the aim is to make the victims lose their temper.  This is more like ordinary trolling, but it's a bit needier than that.  It's looking for attention rather than just reaction.

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

There is no reason that the number of new cases couldn’t just be a rolling number updated every hour, like the vaccine roll out is, rather than have people waiting for news from an MHK or waiting for Howard O clock, I’m not sure if it’s done to deliberately create fear but we only had 71 cases yesterday, I think most people were hoping for it to be a big figure, the sooner it reaches the peak, the sooner we get back to normal.

There's probably a good case for producing daily figures as at a particular time, but of course they haven't really been doing that because it's been varied to suit to times of the media conferences, which have been varied to suit the whims of the politicians.  It's unclear when they are setting the 'as at' time now, the last two seem to be overnight (which may explain the zero awaiting results) but I think that's very recent.  Of course if that does become the standard they should be releasing the figures much earlier in the day.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CowMan said:

I’m not sure that just assuming that you have something and taking preventative action as government says so is really the answer. Unlikely that we’d assume we all had HIV and never have sex again on that basis. 

What an idiotic comparison. 

With today's antiretroviral combination therapy, an hiv positive person can have unprotected sex and not worry about transmitting the virus, provided they have an undetectable viral load. In fact, someone with an undetectable viral load would have an extremely difficult time transmitting the virus to anyone, even if they wanted to. 

Comments like yours contribute to the stigma and discrimination that hiv positive people still face on a daily basis from ignorant people such as yourself. Comments like this are what stops people from getting tested and obtaining treatment, which is to everyone's detriment.  

Maybe you shouldn't talk about something that you obviously know nothing about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Gotta love cowman. Deliberately states that there is only 2 in hospital, then when corrected in a reasonable way, completely loses his shit and accuses everyone of being hysterical. Not seen him this bad since he hid under the duvet like a dribbling wreck post brexit. Absolutely bonkers

I’ve been out not hiding. I haven’t lost any shit either. It is quite amusing the odd accusations that seem to get thrown around on this forum when posters don’t agree with the unrelenting covid hysteria. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I've just been out for a decent walk.  I passed by the covid test centre at the Grandstand.  There were 4 cars and a couple pulling up.

I kinda expected there to be a big queue.  Perhaps it's just good queue management and timings etc.  Just expected to see more there.

I think they are giving people specific times, so you wouldn't expect there to be that big a queue.  Judging from the 343 awaiting testing in yesterday's figures, they are probably giving people slots a day in advance.

Just now, CowMan said:

I’ve been out not hiding. I haven’t lost any shit either. It is quite amusing the odd accusations that seem to get thrown around on this forum when posters don’t agree with the unrelenting covid hysteria. 

I'd have to agree that you "haven't lost any shit" as you are obviously quite full of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I'd have to agree that you "haven't lost any shit" as you are obviously quite full of it. 

You people are really amusing. The way you all seem to gang up on posters who don’t agree with you and just bully them is quite cowardly really. Is that the only way you manage to deal with things you don’t like IRL? Intelligent people don’t need to bully as generally they’re quite resourceful and don’t generally need to stoop so low. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo posters

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think they are giving people specific times, so you wouldn't expect there to be that big a queue.  Judging from the 343 awaiting testing in yesterday's figures, they are probably giving people slots a day in advance.

There were massive queues there post the Java thing.  My mate wss there for a test and messaged me at the time.  He said it was rammed.     It was also much busier when I took the other half up there for a test a few weeks back.  That was on a timed appt basis too.

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

This is more like ordinary trolling, but it's a bit needier than that.  It's looking for attention rather than just reaction

Exactly! It always all about him.

If he doesn't like the conversation here you'd think he'd just fuck off.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

You people are really amusing. The way you all seem to gang up on posters who don’t agree with you and just bully them is quite cowardly really. Is that the only way you manage to deal with things you don’t like IRL? Intelligent people do t need to bully as generally their quite resourceful and don’t generally need to stoop so low. 

In fairness, you are almost encouraging it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

You people are really amusing. The way you all seem to gang up on posters who don’t agree with you and just bully them is quite cowardly really. Is that the only way you manage to deal with things you don’t like IRL? Intelligent people do t need to bully as generally their quite resourceful and don’t generally need to stoop so low. 

Screw you, Sultana of Cow Sheight. I couldn't care less what your sorry, ignorant ass thinks of me. I won't be engaging with you further unless it is to correct something despicable you've had the arrogance to post.

• Like 1