IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Is that the only way you manage to deal with things you don’t like IRL? Intelligent people do t need to bully as generally their quite resourceful and don’t generally need to stoop so low. 

Well I’m sure it takes an idiot to spot one. Thanks. 

Intelligence? Discuss.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There were massive queues there post the Java thing.  My mate wss there for a test and messaged me at the time.  He said it was rammed.     It was also much busier when I took the other half up there for a test a few weeks back.  That was on a timed appt basis too.

I think when they were just doing the standard testing (1/7/13 day tests and so on) they were only operating a couple of hours a day, so there may have been more tests per hour.  If your positive rate is less that 1%, your probably less concerned about packing them in than when it's 15%.

Also with the very high percentage of under-19s in the current outbreak (42% of cases) there will be more people to be tested in each car.

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Screw you, Sultana of Cow Sheight. I couldn't care less what your sorry, ignorant ass thinks of me. I won't be engaging with you further unless it is to correct something despicable you've had the arrogance to post.

Thank you 👍

As I said to another poster. Please do put me on block as I have absolutely zero interest in the abuse you hand out to people who don’t share your world view or any of the things you have to say.

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think they are giving people specific times, so you wouldn't expect there to be that big a queue.  Judging from the 343 awaiting testing in yesterday's figures, they are probably giving people slots a day in advance.

Even if they are giving people specific times there were around 140 people tested the day after the Java announcement and the testing centre looked very busy as another poster has said. Hopeful if it’s quiet today it’s a very good sign that a lot of people aren’t now affected and all those who have been linked to high risk clusters have been tested and are out of circulation. 

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Am looking, but while doing so found this belter

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-54840950

Every Comin Covid meeting should have Alf Cannan Treasury Minister stand up at the beginning and remind all decision makers how much a lockdown costs.

Oh, and also Health Minister on how many deaths, including suicides (of which I personally know of three this year* and happened during LD2) 

ETA
* actually, fwiw, one amazingly survived.

So 2.

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Even if they are giving people specific times there were around 140 people tested the day after the Java announcement and the testing centre looked very busy as another poster has said. Hopeful if it’s quiet today it’s a very good sign that a lot of people aren’t now affected and all those who have been linked to high risk clusters have been tested and are out of circulation. 

That hasn't happened.  Hundreds still waiting for appointments because the system doesn't work unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Every Comin Covid meeting should have Alf Cannan Treasury Minister stand up at the beginning and remind all decision makers how much a lockdown costs.

Oh, and also Health Minister on how many deaths, including suicides (of which I personally know of three this year*) 

ETA

So 2.

Could have easily been two suicides in this house in the last 12 months.

The fact that there weren't is down to amazing family support and help from some local charities.

Nothing at all to do with Mental health services, crisis team, DHSS or any government department.  Every single government involvement made things worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Oh, and also Health Minister on how many deaths, including suicides (of which I personally know of three this year* and happened during LD2) 

ETA

So 2.

If it’s the Marine Drive attempt sadly it will only be a delayed stat - a good bloke too just unwilling to accept reality and assistance offered at every opportunity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Could have easily been two suicides in this house in the last 12 months.

The suicides don’t get reported here but I’d say Barlow is right. I’m aware of two since Xmas as well. There could well have been more. It does seem to be a real issue that is being glossed over. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Every Comin Covid meeting should have Alf Cannan Treasury Minister stand up at the beginning and remind all decision makers how much a lockdown costs

Also important to remember that the British economy, of which the IOM economy is a part, is essentially robust. GDP is down surprisingly little and is likely to rapidly expand in 2022. Admittedly from a low. Frankly we could do this for years.

2007 / 2008 exists as clear evidence that all that really matters is money supply - IE Bank of England policy. From which we directly benefit (the post 2008 boom here being clear evidence of that).

Doomsters will obviously disagree.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Also important to remember that the British economy, of which the IOM economy is a part, is essentially robust. GDP is down surprisingly little and is likely to rapidly expand in 2022. Admittedly from a low. Frankly we could do this for years.

2007 / 2008 exists as clear evidence that all that really matters is money supply - IE Bank of England policy. From which we directly benefit (the post 2008 boom here being clear evidence of that).

Doomsters will obviously disagree.

No disagreement here, just waiting for what I was opposed to that would have prevented the current lockdown?

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

No disagreement here, just waiting for what I was opposed to that would have prevented the current lockdown?

Haven't you have continually agitated for a relaxation of the border policies? Linking that to calls for more resources to be wasted on testing people making unnecessary journeys.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

Haven't you have continually agitated for a relaxation of the border policies? Linking that to calls for more resources to be wasted on testing people making unnecessary journeys.

You said I had consistently been in opposition to the measures that would have prevented this outbreak.

Being in favour of friends and family being able to visit and fulfil all the requirements around self isolation and testing is in no way what you said.

I am not aware of a single case introduced to the island (that wasn't kept in isloation) from someone coming, isolating and doing three tests.

It is in fact the perfect example of someone who just blames "the borders and travel" without actually analysing the different risks and mitigations in place.

Old lady coming to visit her daughter, isolating and three tests before out of isolation- minimal risk.

Spco crew wandering about the island having mixed openly with crew who have been out and about in the UK - small risk.

I was never opposed to a single thing that has proven to be a negative factor in all this.  Quite the opposite. A bit of sensible and controlled travel might have actually helped with mental health and suicides. I know it wojld in this house.  I was also pushing for testing people long before that caught us out over Christmas.