IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 3/5/2021 at 4:20 PM, snowman said:

It would seem that in this current instance it was a Manx based Eastern European crew member who brought the virus in, his family live here. He has obviously been infected by a UK based crew member somehow, perhaps a countryman?

It's about time that the SPCo started training local people to crew their vessels. There needs to be harmony on these ships and the different cultures have caused trouble more than once apparently! 

• Confused 1

Just now, snowman said:

81 new cases of coronavirus in the Isle of Man today taking the total number of active cases to 315. Six people are now being treated in hospital.

And those who accused me of scaremongering when I said on here that Gov were estimating 300+ by Monday...

This is very real and likely to hit 500-700 cases if not more before we start to see the decline of figures.

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

81 new cases of coronavirus in the Isle of Man today taking the total number of active cases to 315. Six people are now being treated in hospital.

Would love to know what the time stamp on that was.

Based on what I am hearing from people there is no way that includes all of then up to now..

They need to be more transparent.  They have done it with Vaccines (although that is proving embarassing) its only a very simple bi interface to update realtime

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It would seem that in this current instance it was a Manx based Eastern European crew member who brought the virus in, his family live here. He has obviously been infected by a UK based crew member somehow, perhaps a countryman?

It's about time that the SPCo started training local people to crew their vessels. There needs to be harmony on these ships and the different cultures have caused trouble more than once apparently! 

Unbelievable :(

The content of your post, I mean, not the situation you describe.  Are you really blaming the Poles et al for bringing covid here this time, and if only SPC employed good ole Manxies we’d be fine?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Good luck rolling that clock back 50 years, that ship has long since sailed. If he lives here then by definition he is a ‘local’ crew member? We also have Eastern European’s in all of our emergency services, in our prison, in our hospital(s) and in just about every other sector. If his written English was good enough to get the job then it was good enough to understand the isolation requirements.

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Based on what I am hearing from people there is no way that includes all of then up to now..

Of course it doesn't. If your kid tested positive the other day, isn't too well and now you feel a bit shit you just stay in, there's no point in getting yourself a test. There are lots of people like this. Apart from the ones who want the badge of course...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaymann said:

And those who accused me of scaremongering when I said on here that Gov were estimating 300+ by Monday...

This is very real and likely to hit 500-700 cases if not more before we start to see the decline of figures.

81 cases doesn’t seem that many at this stage, I honestly thought we’d be hitting 100+ cases daily at this stage, I suppose it’s all relative to how many have actually been tested. Only 1 awaiting results though and only 234 awaiting tests.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

81 cases doesn’t seem that many at this stage, I honestly thought we’d be hitting 100+ cases daily at this stage, I suppose it’s all relative to how many have actually been tested. Only 1 awaiting results though and only 234 awaiting tests.

These are Saturdays numbers aren't they . Doubt they are up to date to 6 pm tonight . In fact I'm sure there not .

Edited by Numbnuts

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Unbelievable :(

The content of your post, I mean, not the situation you describe.  Are you really blaming the Poles et al for bringing covid here this time, and if only SPC employed good ole Manxies we’d be fine?

Well said wrighty

• Like 3