IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Of course it doesn't. If your kid tested positive the other day, isn't too well and now you feel a bit shit you just stay in, there's no point in getting yourself a test. There are lots of people like this. Apart from the ones who want the badge of course...

I agree.  Getting tests is pointless unless you are ill.

My point was based on the number of people who I know personally who have had positive results in the last 48 hours I would be astounded if these (pointless) figures are correct.

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I see the Coastguard are helping HQ with his 'exit', apparently there wasn't room for Daphne !!!

Apols to the person needing removal, hope they are OK.

If the coastguard are genuinely out helping someone and they weren't going about their essential work, then they need to be sent a bill and put in court.

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If the coastguard are genuinely out helping someone and they weren't going about their essential work, then they need to be sent a bill and put in court.

Hope the police don’t try to arrest them this time. 

Just now, The Old Git said:

Hope the police don’t try to arrest them this time. 

I hope they do.

We are either all doing our bit by staying home, minimising the risk, and reducing the load on emergency services and hospital or we aren't.

Why should those of us doing what we are being asked to do have sympathy for those who aren't.

We either pick down or we don't  this hal way rubbish is just stupid.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

But don’t worry we’ll let several hundred key workers including welders, promenade workers etc over who didn’t need to isolate or have 3 negative tests before release so whose the higher risk , old ladies or welders?

My Granny is a welder, and she's lethal with an oxyacetylene torch.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's about time that the SPCo started training local people to crew their vessels. There needs to be harmony on these ships and the different cultures have caused trouble more than once apparently! 

Come on Max, you are one of the best posters on here but that's rubbish mate! 

If this fella did wrong then he's an idiot,  but his nationality has nothing to do with it. 

It says his family lives here so that makes him an adopted Manxy in my book- with as much of an interest in keeping covid out as anyone. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Well it’s Bradda Head, so it’s almost certainly not essential and will likely be exercise related, I expect their hospital stay and home recovery will serve enough as ‘punishment’ enough don't you, particularly if their an active outdoor type.