IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I love this lockdown reunion party. The only bit missing was the 40mph speed limit but it’s now guaranteed to be back in within 48 hours after that. Welcome back to March 2020 all those who have missed it. The genie has granted all of your wishes. 

How many people in hospital with Covid would it take for people to be happy with a 40mph limit? Coupled with health care staff being stuck at home (if they have no family to look after the kids), and the amount of people cut out of cars on the mountain road already this year, would it not be a sensible option? Nobles could be under pressure pretty quickly I would imagine.

• Haha 1

Just now, cheesypeas said:

How many people in hospital with Covid would it take for people to be happy with a 40mph limit? Coupled with health care staff being stuck at home (if they have no family to look after the kids), and the amount of people cut out of cars on the mountain road already this year, would it not be a sensible option? Nobles could be under pressure pretty quickly I would imagine.

Blah blah blah 

Just now, cheesypeas said:

Thought so.

You should be happy lockdown is complete. Every restriction in the world plus a 40 mph limit 👍👍👍👍 It’s amazing what you can achieve through the powers of negative thought alone. 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

You should be happy lockdown is complete. Every restriction in the world plus a 40 mph limit 👍👍👍👍 It’s amazing what you can achieve through the powers of negative thought alone. 

Blah blah blah

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Seems it was a young male on mountain bike who went over side at Bradda Glen & airlifted to Nobles. Perhaps the idiots on Facebook calling for the person to be arrested for being there may retract the cry’s but I doubt it 

Unless Facebook is linked to this forum, why are you requesting people on Facebook to retract. Why not go on that site 

?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Given a choice between condoning the white car drivers antics and a total 40mph speed limits, I'll go for the speed limit thank you. I never thought I'd say that but these days there are just too many loopy drivers whose performance cars far outweigh their driving skills.

Remember the biker killed by a skill-less arrogant twat in a fast car on the corner just up the road at Creg Ny Baa?

Remember the biker killed by a skill-less arrogant twat in a fast car on the corner just down the road at Hillberry?

Both of those manoeuvres were strikingly similar to white car man's. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Given a choice between condoning the white car drivers antics and a total 40mph speed limits, I'll go for the speed limit thank you. I never thought I'd say that but these days there are just too many loopy drivers whose performance cars far outweigh their driving skills.

😂😂😂 Just admit it you’re just itching for a ‘full’ lock down and all that entails. The MF doom and gloom machine just has to keep on pumping out solutions which can only further restrict people’s ability to have any form of life. 

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Remember the biker killed by a skill-less arrogant twat in a fast car on the corner just up the road at Creg Ny Baa?

I do. He's one of the people liking comments defending the ST driver.

Don't reckon much to his opinion on the safety of overtakes a few hundred yards from the Creg.

Have been looking into the use of Vitamin D to enhance the immune system. Apparently it is highly recommended and seem to have a significant impact.

Does anyone have any personal experience of this or is it just another false dawn ?

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

I do. He's one of the people liking comments defending the ST driver.

Don't reckon much to his opinion on the safety of overtakes a few hundred yards from the Creg.

Wow! Yes I know him too. And I knew the biker he killed.

Well there you go.

I used to campaign for no speed limits and know for a fact that I was successful where it mattered.

I sometimes wish I had not bothered. I just don't trust some of these kids on the road. Yes I was young once but they were very different days on the road.

Lockdown speed limit. From 4pm/midnight tomorrow I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Apple said:

Have been looking into the use of Vitamin D to enhance the immune system. Apparently it is highly recommended and seem to have a significant impact.

Does anyone have any personal experience of this or is it just another false dawn ?

Yes, lots of evidence to back this up. Has been for quite some time too! Everyone on the island should be taking Vit D through the winter. And probably summer, our summers are often a bit crap.

• Like 1

Just now, Apple said:

It's just general good advice, your body makes it from sunshine, plenty of evidence that a supplement in winter is probably a good idea, its not a magic potion thats going to save you from everything forever as is being pushed in some circles. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Remember the biker killed by a skill-less arrogant twat in a fast car on the corner just down the road at Hillberry?

Both of those manoeuvres were strikingly similar to white car man's. 

Which corner? When was that?