IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It seemed to me that the oncoming vehicle appeared just as our hero had swung right to overtake. I doubt he saw him until head on. then his choice was floor it or back out. Hopefully he has learned a couple of lessons in this incident.

He should never have started the overtaking manoeuvre no matter whether he could see a car coming or not. ~20 years ago I saw exactly the same thing, elderly neighbour driver ended up over the hedge and by great good fortune lived.

57 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think it was accepted by Saab that the front brakes overheated and were, in certain circumstances, not up to the job?

No. The vehicle examiner said there was nothing wrong with the brakes. The rich boys brought/bought in their own higher powered expert witness from UK to rubbish the vehicle examiner's findings. The court allowed itself to be swayed by the bigger expert. Of course.

This was a de-minimus point anyway, but the court allowed itself to be swayed that it was a significant mitigation why the slimy twat had been driving like a slimy twat. 

Edited to add:

Covid briefing at 4pm today

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Fair play to him for coming forward . 

they knew someone would grass them up anyway so no point in hiding, might as well get any brownie points going to help their cause.   does dealt with equal a caution ?

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Which days figures are we up to now anyway? I have a sneaking suspicion we are already out of lockdown with zero community cases, it's just that they can't announce it until 2 weeks time, lest we realise there's been a fudge going on.

That's a very optimistic view. You must be a glass half full man (person). I do not share that optimism though and reckon we will get new( not previously isolating) for a good week or two and probably more than 30 a day for a while

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Which days figures are we up to now anyway? I have a sneaking suspicion we are already out of lockdown with zero community cases, it's just that they can't announce it until 2 weeks time, lest we realise there's been a fudge going on.

Figures announced yesterday were for sure not up to date as off 6 pm . Think today might be high but who knows as they could be averaging it out to lessen the hit . Who knows !??  

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Apparently after a certain time has elapsed it’s perfectly possible to contact the like of Google and request all data that has been held after criminal conviction is deleted.  I saw a Facebook advert the other day for a service that basically will remove all data held, mentioned something to do with rehabilitation act and I think the time frame was around 10 years.

The right to be forgotten. 

20 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The fact that a bank has had to close for a deep clean indicates to me that we still have infected folk roaming amongst us.

Edited by madmanxpilot