IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That 56 number is VERY dubious.

Well just having spoke to a friend who said that they are not counting or testing famlies if one has tested positive as the assume the others have it and by symptoms shown they clearly have so that might explain the low figures . I agree they seem low . 

It's all defensive now at these pressers, presumably anticipating the questions which will be asked. I hope one good thing to have come out of this whole sorry saga is that the Manx public wake up the paucity of what we have elected and take lots more care with their vote in September!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fucking hell, this is idiocy. The period covered for the figures must be consistent. If it is 24 hours then it has to be up to a specified cut off point which is the same every single fucking day. The figures themselves can be released at different times each day but the cut off must remain the same, otherwise the figures mean nothing.

Listening to them bullshit away when this is their fault this time is really making me angry. And we're still waiting for an apology.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

It's all defensive now at these pressers, presumably anticipating the questions which will be asked. I hope one good thing to have come out of this whole sorry saga is that the Manx public wake up to the paucity of what we have elected and take lots more care with their vote in September!

Bit like I should have taken more care pressing the edit button !

Edited by asitis

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Well just having spoke to a friend who said that they are not counting or testing famlies if one has tested positive as the assume the others have it and by symptoms shown they clearly have so that might explain the low figures . I agree they seem low . 

With respect that’s nonsense as I know a whole family that’s been tested in the last 48 hours when only one came down with it initially. 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

On what basis do you make that claim? Or was the number simply not high enough for you? 

No i want an accurate non-political figure to see where we are at, it could be 5 for all i care but because they keep moving the time periods around and it's never been established what the '24 hour period' is. 6pm till 6pm one day then 10 til 10 it can leave gaps in the data.

Low or high is not the issue for me it's giving the parameters for the'correct' count.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I'm always happy to cast criticism of Gov when it is just, but I genuinely see no reason for them to massage these figures.

My feeling is they don't want to announce positive tests over 100.

81 the other day was pushing it so they're skewing downwards today

Just now, The Chief said:

No i want an accurate non-political figure to see where we are at, it could be 5 for all i care but because they keep moving the time periods around and it's never been established what the '24 hour period' is. 6pm till 6pm one day then 10 til 10 it can leave gaps in the data.

Low or high is not the issue for me it's giving the parameters for the'correct' count.

FFS it is not a conspiracy. 

• Like 2