IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

A friend was down getting his first vaccination (over 70) this morning and at 9 am ish was a queue but very efficent and out in less than 5 mins . He sat for 15 mins in his car in case . Would seem that they didnt insist he stayed there to give time after injection in case of reaction. Didnt ask him tbh why . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

A friend was down getting his first vaccination (over 70) this morning and at 9 am ish was a queue but very efficent and out in less than 5 mins . He sat for 15 mins in his car in case . Would seem that they didnt insist he stayed there to give time after injection in case of reaction. Didnt ask him tbh why . 

I believe it depends on the jab you have as to whether you need that 15 minutes supervision afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

No, it's spin.

They can’t spin this the numbers will roll out over successive time periods. I really don’t know why people get so fixated on small differences due to time overlays or delays or other reason. FFS does it matter if today’s number is 78 or 83 due to some sort of understandable reporting overlap due to a large number of tests really? People are losing their heads and screaming cover up about literally nothing - some bloke who wasn’t counted today for whatever reason but who will end up in tomorrow’s cumulative figures. Honestly who really gives a shit?

• Like 2

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Won't admit the have ballsed up on multiple occasions this time round will they.

An apology for what indeed....

Ashford sounds like he is trying to reinvent himself as some kind of counsellor. He can stick his reassurances up his backside.

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

They can’t spin this the numbers will roll out over successive time periods. I really don’t know why people get so fixated on small differences due to time overlays or delays or other reason. FFS does it matter if today’s number is 78 or 83 due to some sort of understandable reporting overlap due to a large number of tests really? People are losing their heads and screaming cover up about literally nothing - some bloke who wasn’t counted today for whatever reason but who will end up in tomorrow’s cumulative figures. Honestly who really gives a shit?

The figures aren't rey relevant i agree.

However not being able to consistently report very basic figures doesn't exactly fill people with confidence and makes people think they are being shady.

More talk from DA that fills me with confidence that eradication is a thing of the past from tomorrow 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I do to be honest ! . It shows a pattern and you get a idea if infection is diminishing or increasing or ..... sorry but it does matter and personally I wouldnt put it past them to manipulate the figures to lessen the anger . I'm sure they know public opinion has changed massively 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, reptar said:

Listen now, you need to realise that you are not particularly bright and you are trying to operate well beyond the recommended intellectual limits for your head. This is a simple counting issue.

And you can stick your bullying and your condescending opinion where the sun don’t shine. Unfortunately the world is full of people who have differing opinions to your continual negative doom surfing. 

• Like 1

Just now, CowMan said:

They can’t spin this the numbers will roll out over successive time periods. I really don’t know why people get so fixated on small differences due to time overlays or delays or other reason. FFS does it matter if today’s number is 78 or 83 due to some sort of understandable reporting overlap due to a large number of tests really? 

I’m wanting to see a big number only so we can see the when we’ve roughly hit the peak. The likes of 50 odd is a steady increase rather than a ‘peak’

Just now, CowMan said:

And you can stick your bullying and your condescending opinion where the sun don’t shine. Unfortunately the world is full of people who have differing opinions to your continual negative doom surfing. 

You aggressively call everyone doom mongers and descend into rants when someone challenges you. That's not the most effective way to tackle differences in opinion, is it?

• Like 6