IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Surely that’s a good thing unless you had already programmed yourself to expect a much worse outcome? 

Yeah I’d programmed myself to expect much worse, all those tested meet set criteria and if only 56 out of 400 people are testing positive then that isn’t as bad as I expected, we’ve actually seen a decline in cases, which seems far to early to be happening at this stage.

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

56 is the official number for the public, 108 is the true number for the more important people in Tynwald.

Interesting that they are saying 14% of tests are coming back positive. Total tests since the last update has gone up by 760, so 14% = 106 likely to be positive. Not sure how many are officially still waiting test results from those 760 tests but maybe that's what they are basing it on. But if that is the case, DA didn't explain it very well... (as usual)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Probably AG's office & procurement? So if an elederly or vulnerable person misses, loses or forgets the letter before they make the call, that's basically an opt out by default. Unless of course their GP's computer system had forgetten them in which they'd never even get the letter. 

I can tell you from 1st hand experience the 111 system is crap. It’s too slow. The call stacks don’t work properly and the follow up is clunky at best. I’m sorry but I really don’t buy the conspiracy theorists on the data mismatches etc. It’s down to crappy systems which are temporarily overwhelmed and not some great conspiracy I’d wager. The numbers will all come right in the cumulative figures as they’re not clever enough to hide stuff. It’s just shitty processes. They should have had scalable systems ready for this type of outbreak as we’ve been in this situation for a year now. Plenty of time to have got things working tighter.

Edited by CowMan
Various typos

10 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

She is indeed a disgrace. Off-hand, rude, patronising, arrogant and unprofessional. And it isn't Moulton she's treating that way...it's us...he represents us.

Not the MHK's we vote for.

Not the Radio Station journalists we pay for.

Not the BBC staff we pay for.

But a mobile DJ with a website is the only one asking serious questions. Yeah he's a bit inept but he's operating well outside his skillset because no-one else is challenging them.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Declan said:

Not the MHK's we vote for.

Not the Radio Station journalists we pay for.

Not the BBC staff we pay for.

But a mobile DJ with a website is the only one asking serious questions. Yeah he's a bit inept but he's operating well outside his skillset because no-one else is challenging them.

The silence from the benches of Tynwald is a disgrace. We truly are a banana republic.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I can tell you from 1st hand experience the 111 system is crap. It’s too slow. The call stacks don’t work properly and the follow up is clunky at best. I’m sorry but I really don’t buy the conspiracy theorists on the data mismatches etc. It’s down to crappy systems which are temporarily overwhelmed and not some great conspiracy I’d wager. The numbers will all come right in the cumulative figures and they’re nit clever enough to hide stuff. It’s just shitty systems. 

Totally agree. Incompotence. So used to trying to baffle us with bull rather than dazzle with brilliance. Sad that they've had a year to get us into this mess, imagine how bad it would be if we gave them two years?

And who for Gods sake thought it would a good idea to have one number for vaccines and reporting symptoms? As if you couldn't have an outbreak at the same time as you were trying to ramp up vaccinations?

Edited by CallMeCurious
One ring to rule them all... 111, Cough or jab?

8 minutes ago, yorik said:

I never listen to pressers these days as it gets me wound up

I no longer listen either. It makes me want to eat my hand. I’d much follow up on MF thanks.

• Like 2

"Unfortunately - with the strain of the virus that we are currently dealing with - our younger population can act as a bridge for the transmission of COVID from one household to another."  

Good old HQ  - glad we were on top of genomics then so we knew which strain it was and could act accordingly. Oh wait.

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was under the impression that HQ, DA and AA were supposed to represent us.

The MHKs represent us and are accountable to us, the purpose of the press is to question so that the electorate can hold politicians accountable.  The fact that it was a member if the CS makes it even worse in my view.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

56 is the official number for the public, 108 is the true number for the more important people in Tynwald.

It's the complete lack of context that causes confusion. If the 56 is the number in the 24 hour period since the last release (assuming that figure is also in the previous 24 hour period) then fine.

It they are just throwing about figures like monkeys throwing about their own shit then they need to get a grip.

• Like 4

Just now, Declan said:

I thought Tim Glover was starting to get there today...but bottled under pressure from Quayle's push back. Did Tim get cut off by Quayle even before he'd asked his second question today?

When are one of these journo's going to question govt about Dudley Butt's apparent tweet alledging government knew about SP breaches in January and no action was taken then?

Howard was very much on the backfoot today IMO.

• Like 3