IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Still no update on the numbers or clarification on what period they cover.  Nor why Tynwald members get higher figures before the lower ones the rest of us do - are people un-catching Covid?  I can't help suspecting they have given us one day's worth of cases (ie Sunday's) along with two day's worth of test statistics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Still no update on the numbers or clarification on what period they cover.  Nor why Tynwald members get higher figures before the lower ones the rest of us do - are people un-catching Covid?  I can't help suspecting they have given us one day's worth of cases (ie Sunday's) along with two day's worth of test statistics.

I think Ashy is sulking! 

17 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Worth listening to Ashford's reply to the two different set of numbers and Hetty's interaction with PM

https://t.co/tULlOWWUv9?amp=1

Well I think that puts into context the  ‘lovely smile’ comment, I think that shows there was actually no malice, still slightly unprofessional but certainly not condescending as first thought.

I think it’s evident that Dr Ewart had a wry smile when the question was asked (perhaps likes a more challenging question!?) and in response PM himself smiled in return. So it seems a smile is nearly as infectious as Covid19.

Edited by Annoymouse

20 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I havent heard any briefing for months. Seems I'm missing out 

Listen to it now. I deliberately didn’t listen to it as I wanted to read all the comments on here first. If you do listen to it the picture it paints is very far from the conspiracy nonsense above. The only correct reporting on here seems to relate to Ewarts condescending attitude to Moulton. Other than that what Quayle and Ashford said on the numbers and the difference in numbers is 100% clear there is no ambiguity really other than for those who are deliberately looking fir it. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Manx Yeller said:

Good old HQ  - glad we were on top of genomics then so we knew which strain it was and could act accordingly. Oh wait.

Genomics is irrelevant in this context. The only sensible approach was to always assume that it was the worst strain. No need to waste resources finding out.

If the government had taken the measures required to prevent this, many posting here would have complained that the response was extreme. They would have supported their arguments with a lot of short-term nonsense about the economy. The same people who were making bogus claims about restrictions on unnecessary travel impacting the economy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Worth listening to Ashford's reply to the two different set of numbers and Hetty's interaction with PM

https://t.co/tULlOWWUv9?amp=1

Ewart had obviously been told she had been too abrupt and rude with Moulton in the past (as indeed she had) and should try to be more friendly in future.  The attempt to charm him . . .went just as well as you might expect.

(Some of what she said was correct and some wasn't, but that's not quite the point).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CowMan said:

I can tell you from 1st hand experience the 111 system is crap. It’s too slow. The call stacks don’t work properly and the follow up is clunky at best. 

Sorry Cowman to have to disagree with you as you are one of the few sensible posters on this topic .

My experience in communicating with 111 in organising and receiving my first jab has been excellent. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 1