IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Listen to it now. I deliberately didn’t listen to it as I wanted to read all the comments on here first. If you do listen to it the picture it paints is very far from the conspiracy nonsense above. The only correct reporting on here seems to relate to Ewarts condescending attitude to Moulton. Other than that what Quayle and Ashford said on the numbers and the difference in numbers is 100% clear there is no ambiguity really other than for those who are deliberately looking fir it. 

Really, so what was the clear explanation for the difference between the numbers quoted at the conference and the numbers quoted to HoK?

14 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Worth listening to Ashford's reply to the two different set of numbers and Hetty's interaction with PM

https://t.co/tULlOWWUv9?amp=1

Ashford is annoyed you can see his eyes water more than usual. As for Ewart she needs to go. The answer in itself was poor but the attitude was disgraceful. Why is she there now at every briefing? What happened to all the others that came out during the first wave? I get the feeling more and more that we are in this mess because of Quayle's ego and Ewart's inability to think outside the box.

When will the first CoMin member break ranks they surely all can't agree with what is going on?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry Cowman to have to disagree with you as you are one of the few sensible posters on this topic .

My experience in communicating with 111 in organising and receiving my first jab has been excellent. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

I was talking about covid tests not jabs. The process is chaotic and now creaking I can see why it’s starting to really fall apart now. 

Edited by CowMan
Now not not

8 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Really, so what was the clear explanation for the difference between the numbers quoted at the conference and the numbers quoted to HoK?

Listen to the clip. Ashford even says “That is the number now but it will probably increase as we’ve only used the numbers up to 3:45” or something very similar to that. I’ve just listened to it. He basically says the number [56] is highly likely to go up before close of business for testing. You’d assume the number he gave Tynwald was the likely closing position by 6pm tonight. It’s unambiguous. He actually says it.

Clip link 

https://www.manxradio.com/podcasts/coronavirus-press-conferences-isle-of-man-manx-radio/episode/coronavirus-media-briefing-monday-8th-march-2021/

Edited by CowMan
Changed clip link

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Listen to the clip. Ashford even says “That is the number now but it will increase as we’ve only used the numbers up to 3:45” or something very similar to that. I’ve just listened to it. He basically says the number [56] is highly likely to go up before close of business for testing. You’d assume the number he gave Tynwald was the likely closing position by 6pm tonight. It’s unambiguous. He actually says it. 

Ok so the number he gave to Tynwald is a guess? 

as i said earlier clarification on the reporting period is all that's needed. If Ashie's number is tests done 4-4 then report that, saying its a snapshot is government speak for 'we plucked a random time period and gave that number'. If Moulton has caught them out (which i have my doubts) then it just proves the point.

And before Cowman bursts a blood vessel, its just clarification not doom mongering i can't see why you don't get it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Try speaking to some civil servants most of them are not fans of MHK's. 

Yes, some MHKs still absolutely refuse to do exactly as they're told.....not many though 😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Ok so the number he gave to Tynwald is a guess? 

FFS now you’re arguing the other way round. I would assume that he gives only VERIFIED information to the public so he is not accused of lying by people like you but he can give ESTIMATED information to Tynwald so that they can have an idea of where the day might end. Can’t really see there’s much wrong with that. If he said publicly it’s 108 the next question would be “Is that a definite number” and then he’d have to say no as testing hasn’t ended for the day yet and be accused of lying I’d assume.

The clip above is 100% clear in what he said. 

Edited by CowMan
Not

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Genomics is irrelevant in this context. The only sensible approach was to always assume that it was the worst strain. No need to waste resources finding out.

If the government had taken the measures required to prevent this, many posting here would have complained that the response was extreme. They would have supported their arguments with a lot of short-term nonsense about the economy. The same people who were making bogus claims about restrictions on unnecessary travel impacting the economy.

Like who?

16 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Ashford is annoyed you can see his eyes water more than usual. As for Ewart she needs to go. The answer in itself was poor but the attitude was disgraceful. Why is she there now at every briefing? What happened to all the others that came out during the first wave? I get the feeling more and more that we are in this mess because of Quayle's ego and Ewart's inability to think outside the box.

When will the first CoMin member break ranks they surely all can't agree with what is going on?

Likely that the others don't want to be associated with it and they have run out of volunteers I would think.