IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

FFS now you’re arguing the other way round. I would assume that he gives only VERIFIED information to the public so he is not accused of lying by people like you but he can give ESTIMATED information to Tynwald so that they can have an idea of where the day might end. Can’t really see there’s much wrong with that. If he said publicly it’s 108 the next question would be “Is that a definite number” and then he’d have to say no as testing hasn’t ended for the day yet and be accused of lying I’d assume.

The clip above is 100% clear in what he said. 

This.

You would have to have thick as fuck not to understand what Ashford said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Ok so the number he gave to Tynwald is a guess? 

Well, let's say an educated estimate, which is fine, but instead of waffling, why not just say, this figure is at 3.45, there are still x amount of tests to confirm (whatever that really means) and on past experience, it is likely that y% of those will be positive, so we are estimating a daily total of z.

That does beg the question of which test belongs to which day, but it is really easy to be open and it does build confidence. 

As for Dr Ewart, having seen the video, there is the additional context of body language, but the point PM was making remains, if someone is unusually unwell  isn't it better to assume it may be covid and test rather than say, well that would just use up resource, and so really lock down the transmission?  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So what day are we in now? I think i must be suffering some sort of jet lag. Have i been vaccinated yet?

No; you’re in self isolation. For your own good.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CowMan said:

FFS now you’re arguing the other way round. I would assume that he gives only VERIFIED information to the public so he is not accused of lying by people like you but he can give ESTIMATED information to Tynwald so that they can have an idea of where the day might end. Can’t really see there’s much wrong with that. If he said publicly it’s 108 the next question would be “Is that a definite number” and then he’d have to say no as testing hasn’t ended for the day yet and be accused of lying I’d assume.

The clip above is 100% clear in what he said. 

Not arguing the other way round at all. All I said was that it wasn't clear as to why the discrepancy. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it,  I'd just like to know what the 108 was based on. For example, is it the actual number of positives in tests till 3.45 but that they haven't yet been added to the official figure, is it that they have calculated what they think it will be at the end of the day based on the normal % of positive tests and the number of tests yet to yield a result.  Maybe I'm missing something but I just didn't hear it clearly explained.

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

What name calling was that? What Ashford said is totally unambiguous.

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

This.

You would have to have thick as fuck not to understand what Ashford said.

I’ve tracked it now. It’s 39:50 onwards for about the next 2 minutes. His response on the number disparity is totally clear 

https://www.manxradio.com/podcasts/coronavirus-press-conferences-isle-of-man-manx-radio/episode/coronavirus-media-briefing-monday-8th-march-2021/

1 minute ago, Manx Yeller said:

Not arguing the other way round at all. All I said was that it wasn't clear as to why the discrepancy. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it,  I'd just like to know what the 108 was based on. For example, is it the actual number of positives in tests till 3.45 but that they haven't yet been added to the official figure, is it that they have calculated what they think it will be at the end of the day based on the normal % of positive tests and the number of tests yet to yield a result.  Maybe I'm missing something but I just didn't hear it clearly explained.

39:50 onwards in the above clip. It’s clear. 

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Like who?

Everyone who was saying that restrictions on unnecessary travel were significantly impacting the economy.

And everyone who has continually argued against early pre-emptive lockdowns.

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I'm not going to call people out. But you know as well as I do who they are. Basically the Lawrence Fox / Steve Baker wing of the Manx Forums.

I genuinely have no recollection of anyone against pre emptive lockdowns and also wanting to relax borders.

I fear you might be getting confused again?

Those in favour of a sensible border policy were also advocates of short sharp lockdowns.