IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Ok so I understand the whole verified (schnappshot in time) and unverified figures but I suppose the next question is, why don’t they just provide both figures?

‘The verified figure at this moment in time is 56 cases, the unverified figure suggests a total number of 108 cases, we aim to have these verified and published by 8pm.’

Not exactly difficult is it?

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If they were really upfront about it as you claim PM wouldn't have had his gotcha moment.

You yourself have previously said he’s a total prick. It was no gotcha moment. I hate to say it again but Ashfords reply is clear and unambiguous. Moulton got a shit tip off. 

Just now, Annoymouse said:

Ok so I understand the whole verified (schnappshot in time) and unverified figures but I suppose the next question is why don’t they just provide both figures?

‘The verified figure at this moment in time is 56’ cases, the unverified figure suggests a number of 108 cases, we aim to have these verified and published by 8pm.

That's a fair point.

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Ok so I understand the whole verified (schnappshot in time) and unverified figures but I suppose the next question is, why don’t they just provide both figures?

‘The verified figure at this moment in time is 56 cases, the unverified figure suggests a number of 108 cases, we aim to have these verified and published by 8pm.’

Hmm verified and unverified. There’s a big difference there isn’t there? 

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

No that seems to be true if you listen to the clip. Ashford says the number will likely go up and they don’t officially close out for a few hours. 

That is true of everyday they publish the figures. They chose to tell the Manx Public a deliberately low figure. They also never provide updates at 8pm. Ever.

They were caught out. They know it, everyone on here knows it, why don't you know it? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Can the rest of the MHKs grow a pair and rid us of this Despot and his sniveling side kick. If not for the lies and dammed statistics, the inability in the maths field, Other fawning MHKs are available

I feel really bad trying to defend two people who are clearly totally out of their depth. But that recording of the briefing is completely accurate. I’m nit sure anyone really lied about anything. As claimed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

They knew the estimated final number (after verification, re-tests, other checks) and they were really upfront about it in the briefing. The 56 was at 3;45 ONLY there were going to be other cases that would be verified before they closed for testing today. From 39:50 onwards. https://www.manxradio.com/podcasts/coronavirus-press-conferences-isle-of-man-manx-radio/episode/coronavirus-media-briefing-monday-8th-march-2021/

Being upfront about would imply they said it at the beginning of the briefing when they gave numbers.  They didn't - they only started giving this 'explanation' when Moulton called them out on it 40 minutes later.

And the 'explanation' doesn't even work because the total number of completed tests hasn't increased. It's still 36418 with only 1 other test awaiting results, just as it was at the start of the press conference.  So obviously any later tests done or analysed aren't included in either set of figures (which you'd expect).

We still don't know what periods things relate to, but it doesn't matter in this case.  They adjusted the figures to show fewer cases than they knew they had and did it so incompetently they got found out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

That would hold water if the number of completed tests went up as well.

It didnt.  He was talking crap

Maybe completed tests is when the swab is taken not the testing so that number would stay the same regardless of how long it took to test them

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Compare our rollout to UK, Jersey, Guernsey or gibralter.

Its a crappy, slow and embarassing shit show

So it’s not that the vaccines themselves are crappy as you imply but the timeliness of the delivery you object to.?

Technical issue.Can somebody help me here?I would liked to have included my original post that in this retort to horatios to give it more context. How do I do that .? Only seem to be able to reply to replies to my postings without my posting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

I feel really bad trying to defend two people who are clearly totally out of their depth. But that recording of the briefing is completely accurate. I’m nit sure anyone really lied about anything. As claimed. 

So stop defending them. Just drop it. You've backed yourself into a corner trying to be contrary and it's massively backfired.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

How can it be a 'shit tip off' when 3 hours later it is confirmed?

Have you listened to the clip that I must have posted at least 3 times now. He makes it very clear (39:50 onwards) that the final figure is likely in the 108 range. But the current verified figure to 3:45 is 56. The end result was 110. That’s honest speculation isn’t it? He couldn’t verify it but anecdotally he confirmed the likely scenario? 

• Haha 2