IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

So stop defending them. Just drop it. You've backed yourself into a corner trying to be contrary and it's massively backfired.

No it hasn’t  you’ve run out of room to blow rumours up out of nothing. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So it’s not that the vaccines themselves are crappy as you imply but the timeliness of the delivery you object to.?

Technical issue.Can somebody help me here?I would liked to have included my original post that in this retort to horatios to give it more context. How do I do that .? Only seem to be able to reply to replies to my postings without my posting.

Use the ‘+’ button to multiquote, including your own. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Exactly. If this is true and it wasn’t  an imaginary friend. (PM seems to have a lot of “friends” with experiences that fit in with his particular point of view) 

Paul Moulton will be receiving a lot of communications just now, and receiving plenty of social media feedback.

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe completed tests is when the swab is taken not the testing so that number would stay the same regardless of how long it took to test them

In which case the awaiting results figure would have changed.  It didnt.  They need to be more transparent. 

I will say again  I couldn't give a toss if its 20 or 2000 cases a day.  I just want to know I am not being lied to

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That is true of everyday they publish the figures. They chose to tell the Manx Public a deliberately low figure. They also never provide updates at 8pm. Ever.

Well those figures from later tests should be included in the following day's and if the cumulative figures are correct they shouldn't be omitted from the totals.  But they should be providing it on a regular 24 hour basis and tell us what that basis is - tests taken up to 10 am or midday or whatever.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So it’s not that the vaccines themselves are crappy as you imply but the timeliness of the delivery you object to.?

Technical issue.Can somebody help me here?I would liked to have included my original post that in this retort to horatios to give it more context. How do I do that .? Only seem to be able to reply to replies to my postings without my posting.

Ah so maybe it was a typo.

We have the same vaccines as the rest of the world so they aren't crappy. 

Because we rely on the UK for our allocation per head of population we can only deliver doses at the same rate as the UK or other Crown dependencies.

That is clearly the bit that is crappy.   We are miles behind all of them and gibralter have even announced the removal of their vaccine centres this month th as they will have finished.

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Paul Moulton will be receiving a lot of communications just now, and receiving plenty of social media feedback.

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I give up!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Being upfront about would imply they said it at the beginning of the briefing when they gave numbers.  They didn't - they only started giving this 'explanation' when Moulton called them out on it 40 minutes later.

And the 'explanation' doesn't even work because the total number of completed tests hasn't increased. It's still 36418 with only 1 other test awaiting results, just as it was at the start of the press conference.  So obviously any later tests done or analysed aren't included in either set of figures (which you'd expect).

We still don't know what periods things relate to, but it doesn't matter in this case.  They adjusted the figures to show fewer cases than they knew they had and did it so incompetently they got found out.

I think that’s a dud argument to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Have you listened to the clip that I must have posted at least 3 times now. He makes it very clear (39:50 onwards) that the final figure is likely in the 108 range. But the current verified figure to 3:45 is 56. The end result was 110. That’s honest speculation isn’t it? He couldn’t verify it but anecdotally he confirmed the likely scenario? 

The important bit is at the beginning.  At that stage there should have been an explanation that there were x results waiting to be fed in and that expectation was the number would rise to in the region of y,  rather than wait to be ambushed by PM.    I posted this earlier on.  If it takes a question to flush this kind of information it doesn't give confidence that there was transparent reporting to the public.

It could be heavily caveated, but the information would have been volunteered not wormed out.  After all, the y figure had been disclosed to Comin, so why not be upfront?  That is the issue.  (I'll not go on about the SP, the letter, the alleged improper use of software, etc.), but it is this constant feeling of half truths, spin and waffle that undermines confidence.  

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The important bit is at the beginning.  At that stage there should have been an explanation that there were x results waiting to be fed in and that expectation was the number would rise to in the region of y,  rather than wait to be ambushed by PM.    I posted this earlier on.  If it takes a question to flush this kind of information it doesn't give confidence that there was transparent reporting to the public.

I beg to totally disagree but the clip is 100% clear. You can’t castigate people for being honest. 

• Haha 1