IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, Apple said:

But again, what would be the reason for altering the figures.

I think it has something to do with what they are planning to announce in Tynwald tomorrow the more I think about it.

I could see why they might do it ("Look things are already getting better!") but not why they might then give the true figure to the rest of Tynwald.  It's not the first time Quayle's produced misleading (or imaginary) Covid statistics in Tynwald, but he didn't privately  tell them the truth in advance last time.

Maybe we're over-thinking this.  Stupid people sometimes do stupid things because they think it will get them out of an immediate problem with thinking through the consequences.

7 hours ago, majkul said:

Spin it how you like. They lied. They tried to hide the fact that we hit over 100 new cases in one day, and are also denying that all this happening, is none of their fault. They're only kidding themselves. Let's see if they change tactics in the next briefing. Not holding my breath. 

I’m not spinning anything I provided a link to a sound clip of what he actually said. It must be the English language you’re struggling with. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo must

7 hours ago, asitis said:

If Ashford would have simply said " we have a confirmed 56 cases at this time, however, I have information that that figure could be considerably higher later in the day" 

If you listen to the clip that is largely what he actually said. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CowMan said:

If you listen to the clip that is largely what he actually said. 

I have listened and as you say I largely don't understand the english language. At least I don't understand the convoluted, disingenuous , arse covering language to explain what he thought others didn't know! I think MHK's are beginning to break ranks and you will see more of the truths emerging!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, asitis said:

I have listened and as you say I largely don't understand the english language. At least I don't understand the convoluted, disingenuous , arse covering language to explain what he thought others didn't know! I think MHK's are beginning to break ranks and you will see more of the truths emerging!

I hope the MHKs do break rank and I think Ashford is a total arse who is now totally out of his depth but I do object to other people just making stuff up when what he actually said is crystal clear and unambiguous from the clip that I have posted up on this forum. He even says “that figure [the 56] is likely to rise throughout the day” 

Edited by CowMan
Edited to add actual words spoken

39 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I hope the MHKs do break rank and I think Ashford is a total arse who is now totally out of his depth but I do object to other people just making stuff up when what he actually said is crystal clear and unambiguous from the clip that I have posted up on this forum. He even says “that figure [the 56] is likely to go up” 

"Likely to go up" does not mean "actually its 108 because I have told Tynwald that" , cmon we are adults here, we don't need spin we just need to get ourselves out of this position!

"Likely to rise" also does not mean, actually I know its 108 and have told Tynwald!

Edited by asitis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, asitis said:

"Likely to go up" does not mean "actually its 108 because I have told Tynwald that" , cmon we are adults here, we don't need spin we just need to get ourselves out of this position!

FFS listen to the full clip yourself. I’m sorry it doesn’t fit your actual agenda but it is what was actually said. I’ve edited my post above to reflect the actual words spoken now. He also makes it clear than the 108 figure he gave Tynwald was an estimate. The actual number was 110. But I suppose if he said 108 then at 8:15pm a load of people on social media would be beating him up for lying as the actual figure was 2 more at 110. 

• Haha 4

Just now, CowMan said:

FFS listen to the full clip yourself. I’m sorry it doesn’t fit your actual agenda but it is what was actually said. I’ve edited my post above to reflect the actual words spoken now. He also makes it clear than the 108 figure he gave Tynwald was an estimate. The actual number was 110. But I suppose if he said 108 then at 8:15pm a load of people on social media would be beating him up for lying as the actual figure was 2 more at 110. 

Come on now, when you're clearly hard of thinking, but you reckon it's all very straightforward indeed and you fully understand it. But other, smarter, grown ups are explaing that there is still an issue with the figures, it's surely worth stopping, having a bonus little think, and considering that you may have actually missed the point BY 1000 FUCKING LIGHTYEARS, YET AGAIN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, reptar said:

Come on now, when you're clearly hard of thinking, but you reckon it's all very straightforward indeed and you fully understand it. But other, smarter, grown ups are explaing that there is still an issue with the figures, it's surely worth stopping, having a bonus little think, and considering that you may have actually missed the point BY 1000 FUCKING LIGHTYEARS, YET AGAIN.

FFS if you can’t even listen to a 2 minute sound clip of the actual conversation that’s your problem not mine. I’ve posted the clip up three times now but it seems that the agenda on this forum doesn’t really like inconvenient facts in amongst the made up bullshit.

I get it. Everyone was looking for a big number to match the doom agenda. They’d have got the 110 (verified full day) actual number at 8:00pm anyway but Ashford was clear the 56 was the only verified number they had as at 3:45pm but that number would go up by close of business. He also admitted they were changing the reporting system so that it could be more up to date in future.

Edited by CowMan
Typo

The point being made is that if Mr P hasn’t said anything we would not have known and we would merrily go about thinking the figures are the smaller number.  It was only after it was questioned the waffle started.

it’s quite interesting if you scroll back a lot of pages you can almost watch unfold live via the posts as it starts off people saying “oh not very high that’s good etc”.

it shouldn’t be a case of the truth coming out only when it’s questioned.  The truth should come out from the beginning.    It is this sort of behavior which makes people think why bother.  

you can see it out and about the number of people wearing face masks is wwwwaaayyy down compared to other lock downs 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I could see why they might do it ("Look things are already getting better!") but not why they might then give the true figure to the rest of Tynwald.  It's not the first time Quayle's produced misleading (or imaginary) Covid statistics in Tynwald, but he didn't privately  tell them the truth in advance last time.

Maybe we're over-thinking this.  Stupid people sometimes do stupid things because they think it will get them out of an immediate problem with thinking through the consequences.

There is no doubt Ashford was uncomfortable when challenged by PM, he was very meek towards the end when asked when live data would be coming, replying in the next few days.  That was the time to explore the disparity further.  The simple question is why would the govt. prefer to release 56 new cases rather than 110? Then roll over the remaining to today, so in effect we constantly play catch up until matters calm. 

It is similar to having to ask what the variant is at the beginning and Hetty eventually confirming it is the Kent variant.  This should have been released in the main body of the opening announcement at the relevant briefing.  It paints a picture of 'if they don't ask don't say' mentality.  

What would be interesting to know is why they don't say what the daily non isolation (formally called community) cases are and the rolling tally of same.  That gives the true reflection of what is still circulating in the community.  They have gone quiet on this - draw you own conclusions on this.  Credibility is diminishing by the day.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CowMan said:

As I predicted earlier the 2 more was a very useful alteration to the figure ! 

• Like 1