IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Well, I've just been tested and can't compliment the process enough. 

I was called on Sunday night about 9pm and told I had been in close contact with someone in an enclosed room for more than 15 mins on Monday 1st March who has since tested positive.  They don't tell you exactly who or where, I'm assuming to avoid any witch hunts.

Yesterday lunchtime I had the test.  10 minute queue.  The 'swabbers' were remarkably cheery and friendly.  The swabbing was unpleasant but not as horrendous as many would have you believe. 

At midnight I received the test result.  Negative luckily. 

Just over a 24hr turnaround and all in all a fairly easy process is pretty good in my books. 

Pleased you tested negative.

That's where the system is shit. I've travelled back on the ferry 3 times in the last year, and last time had to isolate for 2 weeks and test day 1, 7 and 13. You have been in the same room as a live Covid case, get tested once and now free to crack on!! One, or both of these systems is too extreme.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reptar said:

I would suggest that we are unlikely to see any progress on any of those other issues you rightly mention when they are basically making up the numbers.

But it’s unlikely that they are actually making up numbers. It is more likely that there are gaps in their data gathering and delays in their signing off or verifying official statistics fir public release. He seems to have told Tynwald that 108 was the likely outcome and he told the public that 56 was the verified outcome and that likely that number would change as the day closed out. Finally after 8pm they reported 110 as the final verified number. 

1 minute ago, winnie said:

Pleased you tested negative.

That's where the system is shit. I've travelled back on the ferry 3 times in the last year, and last time had to isolate for 2 weeks and test day 1, 7 and 13. You have been in the same room as a live Covid case, get tested once and now free to crack on!! One, or both of these systems is too extreme.

See my last post; I'm not free.  I still have to isolate until day 14 test result

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

"When will we be ready to pivot from an approach of local elimination to one of living with the virus?"

That's going to be more of a pirouette than a pivot, after months of grandstanding, claiming credit for Mannannin's Cloak (ok the sea) keeping the Island COVID free, absence of compassion and stirring up hatred towards perceived transgressors of the elimination at all costs policy.

It’ll be bordering (excuse the pun) on schizophrenia if he decides to allow us off & people on! 

2 hours ago, CowMan said:

I provided a link to a sound clip... 

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

If you listen to the clip...

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

... clear and unambiguous from the clip...

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

FFS listen to the full clip yourself...

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

FFS if you can’t even listen to a 2 minute sound clip... ...I’ve posted the clip up three times now... 

19 minutes ago, CowMan said:

You seem to have woken up quite angry. Are you ok..?

...there is a clear sound clip online...

I provided a link to a sound clip... 

Must've missed it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Declan said:

"When will we be ready to pivot from an approach of local elimination to one of living with the virus?"

That's going to be more of a pirouette than a pivot, after months of grandstanding, claiming credit for Mannannin's Cloak (ok the sea) keeping the Island COVID free, absence of compassion and stirring up hatred towards perceived transgressors of the elimination at all costs policy.

This notion that we could be some kind of covid free utopia is utter pie in the sky and that for me is partly to blame for this current hysteria over case numbers, if 6 months ago they had come out and said we will do what we can but ultimately it will be around forever and we will have outbreaks I think people would be handling this a lot better

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thommo2010 said:

This notion that we could be some kind of covid free utopia is utter pie in the sky and that for me is partly to blame for this current hysteria over case numbers, if 6 months ago they had come out and said we will do what we can but ultimately it will be around forever and we will have outbreaks I think people would be handling this a lot better

From my perspective, and that of others,  it isn't the numbers but clear communication that is the issue.  Tbh, many have been saying since this first took hold, that covid free was an unreal expectation and would like to see measures taken to mitigate the impact of a return.  In other words, realistic policies to manage expectations.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CowMan said:

... if you listen to the clip...

And. 

11 hours ago, CowMan said:

Have you listened to the clip that I must have posted..?

And. 

10 hours ago, CowMan said:

... the clip is 100% clear...

And. 

...I provided a link to a sound clip...

And. 

If you listen to the clip...

🙄

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Totally agree the forensic numbers focusing has now entered the realms of OCD or other obsessional compulsive type behaviour. It’s a complete distraction that seems to be morphing into a conspiracy theory all of its own. A lot of the anomalies will just be incompetence or delays of validation / sign off for public release. 

• Haha 1