IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I have Tynwald on in the background, but was only half listening. I am thought I heard Howie saying some border restrictions will likely be in place until August/September as part of the gradual easing into normality. Anyone out there who was paying more attention than me, and noted the detail of what he said?

Yes, he did. Partial easing from June, dependant on UK cases and situation. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

During the first lockdown the douglas site was set up really well, can't see why that can't be implemented again.

That requires effort. And I'm not sure they'd done it at all first time around until someone kicked their arse. They're very keen on turning people around who arrive five minutes before closing time.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I have Tynwald on in the background, but was only half listening. I am thought I heard Howie saying some border restrictions will likely be in place until August/September as part of the gradual easing into normality. Anyone out there who was paying more attention than me, and noted the detail of what he said?

I wasn't listening cos I'd rather be doing anything else, but the document will be published soon so you can read it. Should be on the Tynwald website by lunch, i'll post a link if no one else does.

• Like 1

Just now, Cambon said:

Yes, he did. Partial easing from June, dependant on UK cases and situation. 

Has he heard that only 130 have people have died in the U.K. in the last two days that tested positive within 28 days.

Or is he still sticking pencils up his nostrils & in his ears whilst muttering “wibble” ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

But Brenda on Facebook will still be posting “Thanks to our chief minister and Mr Ashcroft for keeping our lovely little island safe!!!!!🇮🇲💪🧪

Not nearly enough emojis for FB! 🗣️🦠😷

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Ashie's been quite an instinctive and nimble footed performer at the lectern but he fucked up yesterday because he was given the wrong advice and instructions. He needs to bollock someone this morning and assert his ministerial authority - if he really has any. I think the public have largely trusted him but yesterday didn't look good. The journalists had an open goal there yesterday but couldn't even find the ball.

Isn't that a big stumbling block on the island. These copy and paste gurus all want to be called journalists but can just about spell the word never mind be one

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

See my last post; I'm not free.  I still have to isolate until day 14 test result

Sorry, missed that. Fair enough.

Border's not open til September!! If the uk death rate stays low, then no reason to keep borders closed as all vulnerable people in iom and uk will have had their 1st jab by end of April, and absolutely no reason to not open borders fully by end of May latest. 

Unfortunately, people die at all ages in life.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CowMan said:

It is ridiculous though allowing parts of the construction industry to still work but to not allow anyone to dump any rubbish in a tip. So you can go into an empty house to fit a new kitchen but then you’re supposed to drive around with a load of ripped out kitchen crap in the back of your van for 6 weeks until the tip opens again? As I said it only seems to be government doing nothing. Everyone else is cracking on. 

I don't know if the commercial tips are open, but tradesmen shouldn't be anywhere near yhe amenity sites anyway they should  be at the paid for commercial places which are private business with no government input 

Edited by horatiotheturd

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

He's on a hiding to nothing. There's no way that a firm date can be given for anything right now and anyone expecting a firm date is being unrealistic. Any dates have to be aspirational at best.

Agree 100% but ...

Border reopening completely led by two things 

UK infection rates

IOM vaccination rollout

They can provide dates on reopening based on the acceptable data set that they wish to see on both.

• Like 3