IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So, I had my first injection on Monday at Chester street. All went well and was very organised.

I've just received a letter inviting me to apply for an appointment for my first injection !

Errm?

Just take it

• Confused 1

Not until Item 2 (i.e. May) Changes to border policy. Item 1 is only preperation (March/April). And this is probably the earliest dates as infection rates and vaccinations will be the driving force I suspect.

54 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Sdo does this below suggest family visits this month or next? To me it does but I might simply be giving them credit for eventually  engaging common sense when they have done nothing of the sort.

"

Will enable us to pivot from elimination to mitigation

1. Preparation - little change in the measure we have in place while cases here and in the UK fall.
    Expect unknowns such as vaccine delivery to consist.
    Hopefully we can prepare to welcome friends and family to our shores.
    Any outbreak now will need a strong response.
    Probably take up March to April.

2. Transition - significant changes
    Changes to border policy, but not full removal
    Should be well into vaccine programme
    May -  all adults should have been offered first dose
    July - should have done all second doses for vulnerable people
    Assess our levels of defence and adjust position accordingly

3. Release, will have better understanding of how the vaccine is working
    Whole world will have a new plan for how to continue
    Plan for winter and removing any remaining border restrictions
    Border is our biggest defence and biggest threat
    Can only ditch restrictions when it is prudent to do so
    Where we can, we will seek external advice about whether people think it is prudent to do so from academic and public health thinking
    Hopefully September we should have vaccinated all over 18s by then
    Can’t be sure what will happen when
    We need to be ready to put measures in place if required
    While we can’t say when, we can say is how we will approach this"

I have expressed on a number of occasions in this forum my view that the Isle of Man could be a World leader in matters concerning the Coronavirus and how to understand and manage it etc.

Some posters disparaged my opinion. 

I would like to formally agree with those posters and accept that I may well have been somehow deluded.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Not until Item 2 (i.e. May) Changes to border policy. Item 1 is only preperation (March/April). And this is probably the earliest dates as infection rates and vaccinations will be the driving force I suspect.

Meanwhile UK allowing domestic cruises from 17/05 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/uk-cruises-may-travel-restrictions-b1814363.html%3famp

2 hours ago, Banker said:

With civic amenity sites closed for no real reason as they never get within 20m of anyone unless helping with heavy items which is rarely, we will get more of this stupidity 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-report-shocking-flytipping-at-island-beauty-spot/

Isn't that the remnants of someones desk and office ?

Who's been ousted from Nobles this week then - that's the culprit I'll bet.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Has he heard that only 130 have people have died in the U.K. in the last two days that tested positive within 28 days.

Or is he still sticking pencils up his nostrils & in his ears whilst muttering “wibble” ....

Sure, but they have been in lockdown for ages, but still have 820,000 active cases. Until that figure drops significantly, I cannot see anything happening on the borders. Additionally, let's see what happens in 2-3 weeks time now that uk schools are open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

serious illness and death are going to become the primary metric

CV is going to have to be AN Other illness that should be kept in check primarily by vaccine  and then by growing communal immunity. 

The NHS cannot be closed down in perpetuity and become an open/shut provider dependent on its CV load - what about cancer load, cardioac load, diabetes load all of which are being studiously ignored at the altar of CV.

If necessary it will have to be treated as TB (highly contagious) was in the forties and fifties with isolation hospitals.  With the amount of money magically found during the past 12 months they could have provided one for ever town, figuratively speaking, as well as restore the NHS's bed numbers which have been decimated in the past 20 years.

As a final thought, given that CV is going to be with us for ever and ever, I wonder if the parish council have given any thought (then again I know the answer) beyond the next press conference by actually planning for extra ITU beds?

• Like 3