IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Super Hans said:

This would suggest they will be ahead of the UK by the end of May, can that be true? 

They have said it a few times now so long as vaccine delivery goes to plan.

That said Ashford didn't seem as confident about said deliveries in yesterday's car crash of a press conference.

The isolation and testing obligations applying to family and friends  at level 3B are sufficiently onerous that I suspect very, very few people will choose to travel inwards. The influx will come at level 2 when the isolation requirement has gone. Of course even that is 'sponsored' visiting - Joe & Mrs. Random the holidaymakers can't bowl up until level 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

The IOM border reopening document states a U.K. new infection rate of 10 per 100,000 or below to trigger Level 1 (unrestricted movement on & off).

The current infection rate is 65.1 per 100,000 but that number is dwindling rapidly.

Combined with the vaccination rollout, I’d hazard a guess we’ll be moving around relatively freely by June.

58 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

What does it matter what the infection rate is if hardly anyone is going to get ill due to vaccines? 

As mentioned earlier, infection rates will only rise as the UK opens up. 

I can't see that there is any maximum UK infection rate specified in today's exit strategy document, which is sensible. What was considered high last year will be acceptable as we move forward.

1 minute ago, snowman said:

i want to be able to leave and return without 21 days locked inside.  surely they can vacinate enough people on island by July or August so that the risk is low and the infection rate plumets.  September is just a joke.

Maybe if you are vaccinated yourself that is something that will come to pass.

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

i want to be able to leave and return without 21 days locked inside.  surely they can vacinate enough people on island by July or August so that the risk is low and the infection rate plumets.  September is just a joke.

Perhaps you could do the first half and then leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m told there are Crosby farm stays still available in July / August but they’re pricey.

They wouldn't be Ballavitchel, would they...? 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Having read the document I was right.  Friends and family with isolation in April.

You don't half jump to some conclusions without full access to or understanding of the information available.

There is no doubt at all we have more infections per head than the UK at the moment.

Where are you seeing that Horatio?  I can only see reference to sponsored visits in the "Transition" phase which is May to August?

Edited by Manx Yeller

11 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

With due deference to our esteemed CM it should be called  'Preparation H'

Well there's certainly a painful arse involved.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

I am glad there's some sense.  If I had to isolate how would I have got my two elderly dogs to kennels?  There is no one I could ask to foster them, so I would have been stumped and the two girls would just have to put up with my rather small garden.  They would be OK, but they do like their walk, even if it is just a 20 minute walk round the block.  I am sure there are lots of people with the same issue. 

BTW Not planning to isolate any time soon.