IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

I hope you're right but would you put your pension pot on it? (PM me for my account details😁)

No point, we already know them....😷

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

Could you precis it, please.  It probably can be done in 3 sentences.

"Put your Speedos/Budgie Smugglers back in the drawer".

26 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Allow friends and family into the Island, providing they spend three weeks in self-isolation or two weeks, accompanied by three Covid-19 tests.

Are the authors of this krap mentally deficient?  They cannot escape the cursed inbred Island mentality that plagues this place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

can't do it due to my circumstances, but stupidly they could actually isolate with family here if the family did a day trip to travel back with them! Where is the logic in that?

I know a few who have done that, it makes sense as you get to see family straight away and saves on accommodation costs. I would add the visitors were traveling on compassionate exemptions 

10 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I've been intrigued at the prospect of what kind of "Exit Framework" document this GOV could produce and I can honestly say I am not disappointed. I can't imagine how long it took the CS and their consultants to produce this but I can imagine the back slapping and congratulations going on now.

32 superficial pages of pretty pictures, graphics and interminable statements of the blindingly obvious to flesh out the content, all of which completely fail the "so what" test. 

Regurgitation of the already globally well known and policies which could be logically expected by anyone with a couple of synapses , all caveated by the endless use of the word "hope" to ensure no pressure.

Don't waste your time. I suspect enough already has been.

I was going to post similar but though I would get lynched.

Every job I have ever had if I presented the 2 or 3 pages of relevant info in amongst all those graphics and waffle I would have been told off for spending so long on it.

The differences between private and public sector are wide reaching.  Anyone who produced that would be laughed out of any boardroom I have ever been in.

So much waffle you end up speed reading and in danger of missing the actual salient points.

They really do need some input from the wider business community ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The differences between private and public sector are wide reaching.  Anyone who produced that would be laughed out of any boardroom I have ever been in.

It reeks of consultants (not very good ones) working for an inept client seduced by style over substance. God knows what their fees were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Having read the document I was right.  Friends and family with isolation in April.

You don't half jump to some conclusions without full access to or understanding of the information available.

There is no doubt at all we have more infections per head than the UK at the moment.

Copied from the actual document

As supply confidence increases and the vaccination programme progresses, we hope to achieve a number of milestones around the effective protection of the population. By the end of May 2021, we expect to have offered all adults the first dosage of vaccine, and by the end of June 2021, we expect to have completed the second dosage of all Priority One groups.

We hope by this point to have been able to move our borders to Level 3, which would allow sponsored visits recognising the pressures across society to see loved ones, friends and family. This is likely to still require the same level of border controls however, likely including 14 day isolation and testing regimes. 

Now, in what way am I wrong? Where did I jump to a conclusion? What don't I understand? 

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

As supply confidence increases and the vaccination programme progresses, we hope to achieve a number of milestones around the effective protection of the population. By the end of May 2021, we expect to have offered all adults the first dosage of vaccine, and by the end of June 2021, we expect to have completed the second dosage of all Priority One groups.

We hope by this point to have been able to move our borders to Level 3, which would allow sponsored visits recognising the pressures across society to see loved ones, friends and family. This is likely to still require the same level of border controls however, likely including 14 day isolation and testing regimes. 

Now, in what way am I wrong? Where did I jump to a conclusion? What don't I understand? 

Come & visit us in the summer Mum.

You’ll be confined to the bedroom, shitter & lounge & if it doesn’t rain, we’ll let you out into the yard.

Absolute garbage & completely bonkers.

They’ve lost it I swear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Could you precis it, please.  It probably can be done in 3 sentences.

Derivative, insubstantial, obvious. There y’go...three words, not sentences. 

• Like 1

The 'plan' is so vague and woolly as to be almost useless. The only thing of note is the potential easing of border restrictions to begin in May. However, if any member of Comin honestly believe that it is reasonable to only allow off island resident travel with the current 14/21 day isolation until September (especially if the UK is open for business in June) is deluded and obviously does not want to be re-elected. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

87 cases in people who were all very high risk.  None in the community (that we have been made aware of)

What on earth are you talking about?  How do you know that they are 'high risk' and what do you mean by that?  And most of these will be in the community, given that we know they aren't automatically testing those isolating without symptoms, they've simply stopped telling us anything about the case mix.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So there's 2 people in IOM who support document , you and Pongo 😂

• Haha 1