IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Out of the blue said:

The 'plan' is so vague and woolly as to be almost useless. The only thing of note is the potential easing of border restrictions to begin in May. However, if any member of Comin honestly believe that it is reasonable to only allow off island resident travel with the current 14/21 day isolation until September (especially if the UK is open for business in June) is deluded and obviously does not want to be re-elected. 

None will be re-elected if this is not challenged in Tynwald forthwith.

It is the biggest load of tosh presented in one of the most unreadable formats I’ve ever witnessed.

Certainly the end for all those seated in CoMin if this comes to pass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Copied from the actual document

As supply confidence increases and the vaccination programme progresses, we hope to achieve a number of milestones around the effective protection of the population. By the end of May 2021, we expect to have offered all adults the first dosage of vaccine, and by the end of June 2021, we expect to have completed the second dosage of all Priority One groups.

We hope by this point to have been able to move our borders to Level 3, which would allow sponsored visits recognising the pressures across society to see loved ones, friends and family. This is likely to still require the same level of border controls however, likely including 14 day isolation and testing regimes. 

Now, in what way am I wrong? Where did I jump to a conclusion? What don't I understand? 

Let's give it a few weeks and see hey?

No way on earth will they still be keeping loved ones away in April.  They will have riots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Didn't live up to your hopes then? You'd been pretty excited about this from your posts on here.

I’m actually struggling to believe they believe this is plausible & think the Manx public will lap it up.

Crackpots.

Back to the real world after the elections for many of this 24.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Same people who think we should still be sticking to the same vaccination schedule as we started with, and that the island is currently in a better situation than the UK.

We are, and we should have stuck to the original program. The end dates would have been the same, but there would have been better coverage of the most vulnerable. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Cambon said:

I did not say I supported the document. I was correcting Horatiotheturd, who told me I was wrong and did not understand.

Even the most ardent Covid Mary would begin to question the thought process behind this fantasy!

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are, and we should have stuck to the original program. The end dates would have been the same, but there would have been better coverage of the most vulnerable. 

Have you noticed how much of the rest of the world is starting to disagree with you?

"

The AstraZeneca vaccine too is being said to be more effective when its second dose is given three months after the first, instead of six weeks, a peer-reviewed study published in The Lancet medical journal says.

Efficacy was found to be at 81 per cent with the longer interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose, compared with 55 per cent efficacy up to the six-week gap, according to the Lancet study."

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They could have put September in so they can go for the end of July instead and say 'look, we're awesome'.

Would love to believe that. Unfortunately I can already hear "its better to do it right than quickly".

Still amazed that the concepts of global pandemic and economic crisis do not instil the importance of doing both.

Edited by Lewis
Typo

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

So they're not setting a target for infection in the UK before border changes?

It’s just one lie after another & moving the goalposts to see them through to the election.

Who’d have thought it - kids back in school in the U.K. & they’re scrambling around making case numbers up, locking us up, then telling everyone no summer holidays for you!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Is this an assumption, or have you seen a statement saying that all the new cases were already in self isolation?

That we have been made aware.

They need to break it down in the figures.

Everyone I know of who had tested positive in thebkast few days was already isolating when tested.

If there are others cropping up then they need to be making it very clear.

Unfortunately they don't do clear.

Imo wherever they are coming from hospital admissions is the only number I care about.  I am sure the island is currently dealing with loads of positive cases who have no idea they have it.

Unless they get sick its not an issue

Edited by horatiotheturd

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

So they're not setting a target for infection in the UK before border changes?

Prof Chris Whitty warning of "Significant risks" from opening UK lockdown in May.

So that's now both him and Vallance voicing concerns about UK proposals on the same day (Sky News).