IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, code99 said:

It is unclear what the actual circumstances are, but what we do know is that the degree of compliance with the social distancing measures by the Manx community as a whole seems pretty high. For that reason even if these new cases were not strictly self-isolating they would probably not pose much of a threat to the wider community anyway, only to their immediate friends and family.

I reckon many people are feeling very annoyed and a bit scared, and therefore they are hiding away from the virus. By doing this they are protecting both themselves and also the rest of us. If we all keep behaving sensibly, this lockdown should end on schedule on 24 March, so stay safe everyone.   

I admire your optimism, and hope you are right 

16 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Went to Chester street inoculation centre to receive my second dose of the Pfizer Biontech vaccine at 14:45 today. Was surprised when told we are not doing it today, Thursdays and Fridays come back at 16:00 on Friday. You should of been informed earlier, Seemed I was not alone. A son had brought his mother in from Colby for same injection, Were being a bit more verbal than I was. What is going on why was the day changed and not been informed, Answer left me a bit flabergasted. We do not have it so can not give it to you. Now did this mean they had given my and other peoples doses away (I thought the Pfiser dosage had gap between first and second unchanged) Or had they forgot to defrost my jab. Or had they just fucked up once again.

Sheer incompetence.

You know when we hear next time about people being charged £25 or more for not turning up to the GP appointment or the OutPatient appointment then maybe we should remember this and anyone else who has to is being dragged out for this rubbish.

Someone needs to be accountable for these episodes.

Come on Theresa Cope, many of us hope you have started as you mean to carry on.

8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

BBC NW are reporting online (I’ve been sent a screenshot) that ‘the current lockdown will be in place until the end of April’ - that is, not the 21 days we currently believe - and claim that Quayle said so. Their reportage is unequivocal. This, I think, misinterprets (understandably given how awful Quayle’s verbal comms are) his remarks that ‘current arrangements will not be changed until at least the end of April’ whereby he was referring to border controls, not the current lockdown. Is my analysis here correct (or at least reasonable) or has Quayle expressly and unequivocally said that the current lockdown will not be lifted until the end of April? (Being a further 7 weeks away).

Think they mean current borders restrictions,although I expect it will be extended to end of Easter school holidays which I think is mid April , sorry 12th April 

Edited by Banker

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

A lot of that travel is never coming back. Staff aren't even going to be going to the office so often from now on.

Most business travel is hugely ineffective and inefficient. At huge cost - both financially and to the environment. Companies are going to increasingly need to justify travel from now on. That's a big part of this reset.

You are off your head.

Loads of meeting with people in gaming businesses and in fact with governemnt in the weeks before lockdown talking  about how important face to face is in many of the industries we rely on now or are actively trying to grow for the future.

I have no idea what you do or who you mix with but I don't know anyone under 70 in the real world who thinks like you do

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

BBC NW are reporting online (I’ve been sent a screenshot) that ‘the current lockdown will be in place until the end of April’ - that is, not the 21 days we currently believe - and claim that Quayle said so. Their reportage is unequivocal. This, I think, misinterprets (understandably given how awful Quayle’s verbal comms are) his remarks that ‘current arrangements will not be changed until at least the end of April’ whereby he was referring to border controls, not the current lockdown. Is my analysis here correct (or at least reasonable) or has Quayle expressly and unequivocally said that the current lockdown will not be lifted until the end of April? (Being a further 7 weeks away).

Yes it's a misinterpretation. Alex Bell tweeted about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Banker said:

Think they mean current borders restrictions,although I expect it will be extended to end of Easter school holidays which I think is mid April 

He was referring to border restrictions, yes; they’ve reported ‘lockdown’ - not the same thing at all. You can forgive them for their confusion - Quayle has a Masters degree in spreading it. I also agree with you that the lockdown will be extended beyond Easter - very likely I’d say.

13 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

BBC NW are reporting online (I’ve been sent a screenshot) that ‘the current lockdown will be in place ‘until the end of April’ - that is, not the 21 days we currently believe - and claim that Quayle said so. Their reportage is unequivocal. This, I think, misinterprets (understandably given how awful Quayle’s verbal comms are) his remarks that ‘current arrangements will not be changed until at least the end of April’ whereby he was referring to border controls, not the current lockdown. Is my analysis here correct (or at least reasonable) or has Quayle expressly and unequivocally said that the current lockdown will not be lifted until the end of April? (Being a further 7 weeks away).

When I read HQ's remarks on MR/IOM today I was shocked as to how unclear and potentially misleading they were. I think he meant that the regulations regarding the border restrictions would remain unchanged until the end of April. I do not think that he was referring to the current (internal) lockdown restrictions. Doesn't he have anyone to proofread his script before his words are published...?  

Edited by code99

This issue about dates Try this for size:

UK opens up on Queens birthday (or Mehgans whoever is in charge by then )

IOM opens up on Tynwald Day. (our Independence Day).

Simples.

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Sheer incompetence.

You know when we hear next time about people being charged £25 or more for not turning up to the GP appointment or the OutPatient appointment then maybe we should remember this and anyone else who has to is being dragged out for this rubbish.

Someone needs to be accountable for these episodes.

Come on Theresa Cope, many of us hope you have started as you mean to carry on.

There is a nice question for the next briefing. "Why are people with appointments being turned away and told to come back another day once they get there? How does this impact the ramping up and the public confidence in the whole process. Considering you've had nearly a year to plan for all of this?"

Edited by CallMeCurious
typos
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, code99 said:

When I read HQ's remarks on MR/IOM today I was shocked as to how unclear and potentially misleading they were. I think he meant that the regulations regarding the border restrictions would remain unchanged until the end of April. I do not think that he was referring to the current (internal) lockdown restrictions. Doesn't he have someone to proofread his script before his words are published...?  

You are absolutely correct in that analysis and opinion. I’m reading the ‘how we will emerge from all this’ government document right now. (A link was posted in this thread earlier today). It’s absolutely awful, as others have said. It’s so badly written I’m aghast. 
Proofreading of Quayle’s scripts would be a benefit, but frankly the man appears to be borderline illiterate and his automaton delivery can destroy the most perfectly crafted narrative.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 1