IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Roxanne said:

Probably not. Fill me in then because what heard sounded like waffle. And then people reporting that they had no fear they had it till PM asked the question. 

Fill me in aswell please, it certainly appeared that severe headache/aches were accepted by Ewart as possible signs of Covid, she went as far to say it could even been a sign in asymptomatic people (mild symptoms!?) 111 haven’t updated any of their information to reflect that though, only going off the old guidelines.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Fill me in aswell please, it certainly appeared that severe headache/aches were accepted by Ewart as possible signs of Covid, she went as far to say it could even been a sign in asymptomatic people (mild symptoms!?) 111 haven’t updated any of their information to reflect that though, only going off the old guidelines.

I guess they don't want a shitload of paranoid dehydrated people with a headache jamming 111 with panic calls about Covid.

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’m not sure you need government to tell you the various ways that you could be ill in or not. If you feel something is wrong I’m sure people will ring 111. If they don’t get the answer they like I’m sure they can ring their GP and get a priority appointment. But equally there are so many skivers ringing in looking to get two weeks off work because covid is back and they’ve got a headache that some sort of common sense has to prevail in the whole process. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

The AZ vaccine is easier and quicker to administer and Chester Street will be easier for most people to get to, so they are using up their stocks of AZ there (even though it's set up for Pfizer) so as to make the numbers.

Is it really quicker and easier to administer? The Pfizer vaccine has to be stored at minus 70, but once a tray is defrosted, it can be stored in a normal vaccine fridge for 5 days. Both vaccines come in multidose vials. Once defrosted I can't see that there would be much difference.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

I’m not sure you need government to tell you the various ways that you could be ill in or not. If you feel something is wrong I’m sure people will ring 111. If they don’t get the answer they like I’m sure they can ring their GP and get a priority appointment. But equally there are so many skivers ringing in looking to get two weeks off work because covid is back and they’ve got a headache that some sort of common sense has to prevail in the whole process. 

Ok so the confusion is they’re considered clinically vulnerable hence having the vaccine in the first place, as it stands without actually having a test the only other way they’ll know is if they end up requiring hospital treatment, you certainly don’t go to your GP with possible Covid symptoms as they refer you to 111. It seems to me that 111 is a bit like a lottery depending on who you speak to, will see what gets said on vaccine day.

22 minutes ago, CowMan said:

But equally there are so many skivers ringing in looking to get two weeks off work because covid is back

I'm sure you don't care, but its stuff like this that makes everyone think you're a prick.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I hadn't hoped for anything. Was just saying if sore muscles and headaches are symptoms then a lot of fitness freaks and/or desk jockeys might be suffering symptoms

Correct. If I go out and cycle more than usual I suffer from sore muscles and a bit of a headache - definitely not covid

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I guess they don't want a shitload of paranoid dehydrated people with a headache jamming 111 with panic calls about Covid.

Have you not seen our beloved Guernsey's symptom list?

Per Guernsey:

If you do start to experience any symptoms, no matter how mild, please contact the Clinical Helpline by calling 01481 756938 or 01481 756969.

The helpline is there to give you advice Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm. 

The symptoms that you should be aware of are:

• Tiredness, new and severe fatigue (recent onset)
  • Aches and pains, new muscle ache for no obvious reason (recent onset)
  • Headache (sinus pain, pain around eyes)
  • Conjunctivitis (itchy, watery, painful or pink eye(s)
  • Loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Fever (high temperature, rigors, chills, can’t get warm)
  • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
  • Dry cough (Continuous new cough)
  • Diarrhoea
  • Children and Over 80s – loose stool, mild fever, not themselves with a cough presenting later
  • A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes (seek urgent medical advice)
  • Chest pain or pressure, shortness of breath, chest tightness (phone the emergency services on 999)
  • Loss of speech or movement (phone the emergency services on 999)

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's most people over 60 for a start.

Seems far too wide.  Not many people walking around without at least one of those things.

True, but surely the point is if they are new symptoms.

I have been walking around with a lersositen cough for about 25 years, doesn't make me phone 111.

A new persistent and unexplained headache would. (The wife is explained- boom boom, and a long way away from new)

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1