IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Have you not seen our beloved Guernsey's symptom list?

Per Guernsey:

According to Dr Ewart, who had done her homework, that list was prepared after a tick box survey in Guernsey.  We take the guidance of ECDC on symptoms and they don't recognise headaches as a specific symptom.

Perhaps Guernsey has more resource to deal with more people enquiring about symptoms and then to test them. 

It certainly seems we want to limit numbers calling 111 and being tested. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is truly nuts how there can STILL, a year in, be any 'confusion' about symptoms. And it's not just idiots on facebook, it's the leadership.

If you're ill, you're ill. 

Have you seen the confusion on Facebook about borders as a result of the clear communication of today's document?

They would have been better off publishing a wordsearch with a few key points hidden in it.

Absolute joke, and they were weeks late publishing it.

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

According to Dr Ewart, who had done her homework, that list was prepared after a tick box survey in Guernsey.  We take the guidance of ECDC on symptoms and they don't recognise headaches as a specific symptom.

Perhaps Guernsey has more resource to deal with more people enquiring about symptoms and then to test them. 

It certainly seems we want to limit numbers calling 111 and being tested. 

I watched a couple Guernsey briefings when they'd not long gone into their recent lockdown.

During one, their DPH said they were adding to the symptoms list due to what people were reporting after testing positive. I think the contract tracers were collecting the info, but I couldn't swear to it without a rewatch.  

One thing that stuck with me was the mention of conjunctivitis - they were seeing quite a lot of it in the children. I've passed this on to my daughter and others I know with little ones.

I agree that it seems they don't really want people to get tested. Never have for that matter, despite their "test test test" mantra of last spring.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Is it really quicker and easier to administer? The Pfizer vaccine has to be stored at minus 70, but once a tray is defrosted, it can be stored in a normal vaccine fridge for 5 days. Both vaccines come in multidose vials. Once defrosted I can't see that there would be much difference.

Yes AZ can go in left or right arms.

Pfizer can only go in your right arm. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Pfizer can be used in both arms, have had mibe and was asked which arm do you prefer

Massive relief for people who only have one arm.  Would have been very unfair if people who had lost one arm had been prioritised over those who had lost the other by the scientists.

I assume there would have been discrimination cases and everything.

Massive relief that it doesn't make any difference which arm it goes into.

Wonder what the side effects would be if you accidently injected into a thigh or an arse cheek?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Except 111 aren’t doing that, I know of two people due to receive jabs this week who contacted 111 after being concerned they’ve possibly contracted the virus, they’ve had symptoms more commonly associated with the Kent strain (severe headache/muscle ache) and they’ve been told that not only do they not require testing but they’re fine to get their vaccine this week?

They didn’t actually associate their symptoms with Covid until they heard Paul Moulton at the press briefing describing someone else testing positive with similar symptoms, they now wished they had lied about their symptoms in order to be certain they don’t have it.

Having downloaded the consent form they feel that ‘fever like symptoms ’ is clearly open to interpretation, they feel a headache/muscle ache is what they most associate with fever, rather than just outright temperature. They’ll be telling however will listen at the vaccination hub, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Paul Moulton has no medical qualifications. They’ve been triaged by 111. What I’ve described is exactly what happens, and IoMG have form for wide interpretation