IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

There’s no excuse after the vaccine roll out. We’ve just got to learn to live with it and some people will sadly die. The same will apply here by September assuming they don’t further screw up our poor vaccine roll out. All over 50s will be vaccinated in the UK by end on May I think which is almost every person likely to be in a grandparent category. Under 50s and kids are lower risk anyway so they’ll just have to see what happens following the schools going back this week. I would guess that they’re hoping vaccine effect is already coming on stream which the data seems to suggest it is. 

If we don't get back to local elimination within a couple of weeks then I agree. Might as well just align with England timescale and open the border up fully

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Surely most a huge number of the UK have either had it (tens of thousands a day - that we know of) or have now been vaccinated 

That's a point certainly. But given the huge population there will be still more not had it/unvaccinated than had it/vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Ha!

The U.K., Jersey & Guernsey populations will be happily moving around Europe by June 1st & we’ll be still asking Nan to self isolate for two weeks on her visit from Bournemouth to see the grandkids.

CoMin are fucking cranks.

What you have to remember is that policy isn’t designed to appease the Manx population, its to keep the pitchfork brigade and social media experts happy,

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Judging by what I’m reading & being told, it seems the virus is everywhere.

The hospital admissions ‘should’ be off the scale soon*

*hoping it’s not.

Forgive me if I've missed the point, but isn't this exactly the kind of post you've been complaining about for basically a year?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Banker said:

Think you’re the only person other than Cambon who has anything positive to say about document and that’s not only on MF.

Think you’re deluded if you don’t think UK will be having holidays this year, UK announcement today that UK domestic cruising can restart 17/05 .

What’s domestic cruising? We cruise when we get the Ben to Heysham?

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

They tested 1,000 a day.

Thats the takeaway.

We were told it was a complete and utter waste of time & resources by our experts.

Thats all you, me & everyone else here needs to know.

They have also been very lucky, as we were

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Forgive me if I've missed the point, but isn't this exactly the kind of post you've been complaining about for basically a year?

Actually the point I’m trying to make is that those who’ve been scared to their wits end are going to soon have justification for their fears ... if ... as we’ve been spoon fed for the last 12 months this virus is as deadly as they’ve made out to all of us.

But ... here’s the rub.

What if nobody really does get sick, the hospital isn’t overwhelmed & we aren’t digging mass graves?

I’m not listening to those telling me ... but but but the over 75’s have been vaccinated now Nom.

If thats the case, let’s open up and get on with it.

The next 2 / 3 weeks will tell us all what we need to know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Ha!

The U.K., Jersey & Guernsey populations will be happily moving around Europe by June 1st & we’ll be still asking Nan to self isolate for two weeks on her visit from Bournemouth to see the grandkids.

CoMin are fucking cranks.

Well Cambon & Pongo are happy with strategy !