IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

If we hadn't locked down this time there's a very good chance the hospital would have been overwhelmed, we'd be digging graves, and the crem would be doing overtime within another week or so.

ThTs just pure inflammatory speculation. Nothing else. 

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Cruising and cottaging are distinct terms with different meanings. You can cruise whilst cottaging and cottage whilst cruising.

I know. I was making a joke based on the fact that a cottage, in the traditional sense of the word, also means a domestic dwelling. Sue me.

Or shoot me now. I'm not bothered which really. 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, GD4ELI said:

I have a friend in Ramsey who will probably die if he comes into contact with a Covid 19 carrier.

There's more to life than money.

He may "probably die" if he comes into contact head on with a car as well. We can't live life using "probably" as a guide.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Southernman said:

So after 300 negative tests a day for 9 months you'd be pretty pleased for a positive result.

I’d need to see those figures substantiated but it’s quite clear that the one test they missed has proven extremely costly to the Manx tax payer & potentially to the families that might lose loved ones.

You carry on though fella, testing is a waste of time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

The inflammatory speculation that you made that we’d all be digging each other’s grave by next week if we hadn’t had a lockdown. Total baseless speculation. Nothing else. 

Whoosh.......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’d need to see those figures substantiated but it’s quite clear that the one test they missed has proven extremely costly to the Manx tax payer & potentially to the families that might lose loved ones.

You carry on though fella, testing is a waste of time.

The Steam Packet had over 300 staff according to its 2018 accounts so we'd have to test them all to be sure of catching the positive one.

What's interesting is how we will cope when the borders open. The under 50s will not have been vaccinated until late summer so the virus will continue to spread around that group in the UK and here. The hospital will have to accept the risk if we are to have visitors this year.

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Does the Crem feed back to the National Grid if not why not ?

Endless supply of pensioners and Mountain Roaders = Renewable Energy (subject to birth rate going back up.)

It has been done for swimming pools, the locals weren't pleased mind. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-23104502

18 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It's from the Department for Enterprise

18 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

What gave it away?  No style. No substance. No chance.

Having walked along the Douglas Prom recently I now think it's from the Department for Infrastructure - because these are the types of words that aptly describe their promises about what the Prom project would be and how long it would take to complete. 

17 minutes ago, Scipio said:

He may "probably die" if he comes into contact head on with a car as well. We can't live life using "probably" as a guide.

I agree if his health is that bad then he will “probably die” from just about anything from being hit by a bus to a bad dose of flu. One persons poor health is absolutely no reason for locking everyone else up. People who are vulnerable need to look after themselves and shield.