IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Southernman said:

The Steam Packet had over 300 staff according to its 2018 accounts so we'd have to test them all to be sure of catching the positive one.

What's interesting is how we will cope when the borders open. The under 50s will not have been vaccinated until late summer so the virus will continue to spread around that group in the UK and here. The hospital will have to accept the risk if we are to have visitors this year.

Which is what we’re going to witness in the next few weeks as many parents in the 20 - 60 age groups are infected by their children.

We’ll see how the unvaccinated adult population copes with the virus.

Edited by Nom de plume

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

The Mannin Line 😂 the lines have already announced there will be stops , Liverpool, Glasgow, Hebrides, Newcastle etc

It was in no way "discussed" as Cambon suggests.

Adam phoned in and said he wanted to see more cruises here.

Bongo text in to say they weren't doing stops.

We may have figured out where all Cambons knowledge comes from 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

I agree if his health is that bad then he will “probably die” from just about anything from being hit by a bus to a bad dose of flu. One persons poor health is absolutely no reason for locking everyone else up. People who are vulnerable need to look after themselves and shield. 

This is true. However, everyone should be shielding themselves if they want a vaccination. If you have any respiratory illness or have tested positive for Covid 19 in the last 28 days, you cannot have your shot. (Apparently). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Does the Crem feed back to the National Grid if not why not ?

Endless supply of pensioners and Mountain Roaders = Renewable Energy (subject to birth rate going back up.)

No. Two reasons

1. Because it would need some electricity generation equipment.

2. In addition, a human body has a negative calorific value meaning more energy need to be put in than is resultant (because we are 80% water).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

It was in no way "discussed" as Cambon suggests.

Adam phoned in and said he wanted to see more cruises here.

Bongo text in to say they weren't doing stops.

We may have figured out where all Cambons knowledge comes from 

I learned everything I know from you and Banker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Concerns cited on Sky News yesterday about the lack of vaccination of the UK's 1.3M illegal immigrants who won't appear on any NHS vaccination call-up by dint of the fact that they shouldn't officially be in the country. Plus any religious or cultural leanings that may deter them from being vaccinated as well.

A charity-funded vaccination hub was covered in the article which is offering "no questions asked" jabs to illegal immigrants, it had had a take up of just 2000 since opening.

Surely unvaccinated people are only a worry to themselves.

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You seem to know a lot about this:D

Unfortunately,  I’ve had to defend people on trumped up cottaging charges using pretty police agent provocateurs.

Not the finest hour of IOM Constabulary.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Unfortunately,  I’ve had to defend people on trumped up cottaging charges using pretty police agent provocateurs.

Not the finest hour of IOM Constabulary

The Noble's Park fiasco in... '92 or '93? Not their finest hour at all. Downright despicable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No. Two reasons

1. Because it would need some electricity generation equipment.

2. In addition, a human body has a negative calorific value meaning more energy need to be put in than is resultant (because we are 80% water).

How utterly disappointing - if it had worked and you were on a key meter which ran out 2 minutes before the end of Gardeners World you would have the opportunity to say:

“I’d have seen Monty Dons hardy perennials if you’re Mother had lived an extra week”

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Surely unvaccinated people are only a worry to themselves.

I'd suggest that <1.3M of them wandering around potentially perpetuating the spread in the UK will be a bigger worry to everybody (including PHE) until we can get the rest of the population vaccinated?

And even after that it's likely to be an ongoing source of infection of a disease that we're trying to minimise at best. An unregistered cohort of potential vectors. Just what we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

But the energy is already being put in. 

you lost me!

A crematorium uses either gas or oil to burn bodies. To generate electricity from heat you need to heat water to create steam to drive a turbine. To do this you would have to burn even more gas or electricity as there is very little excess heat.