IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

And if we keep them we’ll do fine. But a vocal minority are clamouring for unrestricted travel, no isolation, and believe that swabbing everyone on arrival is the solution. That’s what I’m arguing against right now. 

Are they? I see arguments above being twisted by a load of covid mentalists to suit their paranoid scaremongering views but I don't see anyone actually calling for that at all. 

23 minutes ago, woolley said:

I'm not making excuses for anyone, in the same way as I'm not congratulating anyone. Success is also the wrong word, because it's too soon to say.  It is a long slog and will continue to be. Nobody knows for how long. There is no "right" way to deal with it, because we don't yet know enough about it. There are a few things that we know about the nature of the virus and there are things we know about the nature of civilisation and economies. One of those is that we cannot go into a cave and hide. There has to be compromise.

There's a few things we know about the number of fatalities in Brazil, the UK and the US as well...!

"It's too early to tell" is the pathetic excuse trotted out by Bozo.

What an amazing coincidence.

I'm hoping, as we all should, that the infection hotspots we are seeing are the inevitable result of coming out of lockdown and not a second wave...

2 hours ago, Filippo said:

By the way, below is a place where life isn’t normal right now: that is the corner of Cheapside/Poultry St facing the Bank of England this morning; just saw the pic on the Telegraph and it made me gulp. Have been hanging about there thousands times; during my lunch breaks; as a young, hungry man; at that stage of my life. Normally one of the busiest thoroughfares, it is seems to be all wasteland right now. I could not help attaching it. I hate every bit of the lockdown. Pussy Britain.

TELEMMGLPICT000236043473_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.thumb.jpeg.be2c9a684a2dd1d5fddaea1d79cdf415.jpeg

But anyone who knows the City will tell you that the streets have always been empty early in the morning, from about 7 pm onwards in the evenings and all day at weekends.  Like most business districts are, because hardly anyone lives there.  The fact they've needed to install effectively wider pavements for social distancing suggests at other times it's quite busy.  That someone is jogging suggests its early morning or evening and that the Telegraph just waited til an attractive young lady in tight clothing appeared, so as to keep its core audience of elderly perverts happy.

• Like 3

So, unless I mis-understood, this is what HQ just said.

End of August, you come back from the UK without a test, then you will be required to self isolate for 7 days (but mix freely with your household members as that’s the reality) before you’re tested.

You’ll get a result the next day and if you’re negative you can go to work but you can’t go to a restaurant. Weird.

PS - you’ll pay for the privilege, circa £50 (good idea)

Edited by Nom de plume

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

End of August, you come back from the UK without a test, then you will be required to self isolate for 7 days (but mix freely with your household members as that’s the reality) before you’re tested.

You’ll get a result the next day and if you’re negative you can go to work but you can’t go to a restaurant.

WTactualF.

Same as Jersey then so at last following good practice!

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Same as Jersey then so at last following good practice!

I think the difference with Jersey is that they initially test at the border & follow up with another test 7 days later.

They allow you to move freely after the results of the initial entry test if negative.

We will not be allowed to leave our households in the first 7 days until the results of that test.

Seems a reasonable approach to me & is about as close to open borders as we could expect. 7 days is do-able for most I’d think.

Edited by Nom de plume

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

You’ll get a result the next day and if you’re negative you can go to work but you can’t go to a restaurant. Weird.

Yes, you totally misunderstood. He said they are going to look at seven day testing and possibly make a decision at the end of August, depending on the uk and other infection rates. 

The seven day measure and test is optional. You can still simply isolate for 14 days. 

No, you cannot mix with your household. You never could while isolating. You can isolate at home with your family provided you stay in a room on your own preferably en-suite, food etc. Collected at the door. You can share a bathroom but it must be deep cleaned after each use.